Does anyone out there have the full set??

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Does anyone out there have the full set??

Post by AaronDB94 »

Gees it seems like I'm the only one without the complete set....I better get onto that in a hurry haha
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Using that image of all the figures, and at a rough count from memory, I'd say I'm about 18 sort of a full set ... although I have managed to later pick up a couple of the missing ones second-hand without accessories.

I've been thinking of selling all my figures (3 3/4" and 12") and vehicles (except the MicroMachine ones and a few special ones) for a few years now, but never actually had enough time to get around to doing anything about it.
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on Thu Feb 10, 2011 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

Buzz Bumble wrote:Using that image of all the figures, and at a rough count from memory, I'd say I'm about 18 sort of a full set ... although I have managed to later pick up a couple of the missing ones second-hand without accessories.

I've been thinking of selling all my figures and vehciles (except the MicroMachine ones) for a few years, but never had enough time to actually get around to doing anything about it.
If you looking to sell any vintage figure send me through a list....I will buy them sight unseen :D
Andiamo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Andiamo »

A Paploo and Lumat short of completing SW,ESB and ROTJ set. Not keen on POTF as don't like the cards. Seriously thinking about starting to get rest kit sets to restore them. Beggars Canyon store on eBay do seriously quality work with very accurate bubbles and rooters. Still at $10 US a kit not cheap.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

I've just taken the step into collecting the Vintage figures. I have a few loose figures on their way from an ebay seller to start me off.

I'm really looking forward to hunting them down.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I sold my vintage figures for a song a few years back and used to money to buy new figures.

"Heretic!" I hear you shout. ;)

The thing for me is, the nostalgia for my old figures is not what has me in this hobby. I've been ruthless in flogging of or tearing apart my old toys for parts and don't hold them in any hallowed esteem at all. I'm after the best possible sculpts for displaying in dioramas, so the vintage figures just don't fit what I am looking for. I'm happy to leave that to vintage devotees to do well and can appreciate the beauty of their collections - it's just not what I want or do.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Hasbro are certainly getting better at the sculpting of the figures and making the vehicles, but even the original releases beat those hopeless dark days of the muscle-bound wrestling versions. :roll:

AaronDB94 wrote:If you looking to sell any vintage figure send me through a list....I will buy them sight unseen :D
Okey-dokey. $200,000 for the lot, and I'll make sure I rip all the stickers off first and melt a few figures. ;)
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on Wed Feb 23, 2011 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

$200,000 aye....sorry I'm only after vintage figures not the actual costumes/props from the movies haha :lol:
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

No props or costumes. Just a lot of figures, vehicles, etc. :)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

yup I am going for a full set too. about 11 to go most of them of course are the bloody power of the bloody force ones. I'm not looking to get a mint set or anything repro weapons are fine by me! but it's nice to have a cabinet full of the suckers. If non-SW fans are appreciative of the pop culture value of full set