Star Wars Hot Wheels

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Hot Wheels

Post by MattG »

The Warehouse has a 5-pack of character cars that seems to have an exclusive battle-damaged stormtrooper: http://www.thewarehouse.co.nz/red/catal ... KU=1990989
Vader73
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Vader73 »

sweet i will off to the red shed to add to my H/W Collection this weekend.

i have been seeing this pack on trade me but as it was advertised in a different city i would rather get from the shops so the packaging is still mint.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

The Force Awakens Hot Wheels vehicle 2-pack has shown up on ebay -
http://makingstarwars.net/2015/08/hot-w ... hits-ebay/
Hot-Wheels-Die-Cast.jpg
Hot-Wheels-Die-Cast.jpg (46.64 KiB) Viewed 8074 times
Hot-Wheels-Die-Cast2.jpg
Hot-Wheels-Die-Cast2.jpg (37.92 KiB) Viewed 8074 times
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

The back of the box also reveals some other new non TFA Hot Wheels, including a Rebels series variant TIE with the smaller radial panels. :D
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:... including a Rebels series variant TIE with the smaller radial panels. :D
That's kinda cool. I think I like that idea.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yeah, they're a distinct and presumably earlier model of TIE than those we saw in the OT. When Rebels debuted, I had originally assumed the difference in wing size was simply a case of stylistic interpretation in the animated show, but they have completely redesigned wing mounts as well. I think the designers always intended the Rebels TIEs to be their own variant. This release from Hot Wheels confirms that, to me anyhow.

td-94
Ensign
Ensign

Post by td-94 »

Ooh I like the look of that new TFA Tie Fighter, if we don't get something similar in the Black Series Titanium line I'll be very tempted to pick it up!

Also, the recent Ultimate Star Wars book confirmed that the TIE fighters in Rebels are indeed a variant with smaller, sturdier panels that allow the ships to land on the ground rather than have to be stored in racks. I guess that also explains how in the show they're able bump into things like buildings and not immediately disintegrate like they do in the OT! :lol:
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

td-94 wrote:Ooh I like the look of that new TFA Tie Fighter, if we don't get something similar in the Black Series Titanium line I'll be very tempted to pick it up!

Also, the recent Ultimate Star Wars book confirmed that the TIE fighters in Rebels are indeed a variant with smaller, sturdier panels that allow the ships to land on the ground rather than have to be stored in racks. I guess that also explains how in the show they're able bump into things like buildings and not immediately disintegrate like they do in the OT! :lol:
That's quite a cool little bit of info. There is a new class of Tie Fighter. At least 5 canon classes now:

Stellar / Space (OT)
Interceptor (OT)
Bomber (OT)
Atmospheric (Rebels)
New / Black (TFA)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Eng76 wrote:...
Stellar / Space (OT)
Interceptor (OT)
Bomber (OT)
Atmospheric (Rebels)
New / Black (TFA)
+ prototypes :)
TIE X1 Advanced (Vader's)
TIE V1 Advanced (Inquisitor's)

and, technically, TIE Shuttle from ESB.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Awesome little bit of trivia there from ESB about the shuttle. Isn't it awesome that 30 years on, these films are still giving up secrets and expanding in variety? I only learned of that myself a few short weeks ago. I just love it. :) Might have to custom myself a FFG mini of it. ;)

Thanks also for the confirmation on the Rebels TIE, TD. :D

I can add another TIE variant to the canon list as well. If you look closely, we've actually seen two different TFA TIEs in the trailers and toys so far; one being essentially the familiar design with reversed colours, and the other being the two-person crew Special Forces TIE, which sports additional, turreted blasters, a red stripe and 'bandolier' attachments on the wing stumps. Compare the Hasbro 6" scale and Hot Toys 12" scale TIES revealed at SDCC this year.