Books: Latest Finds / Store Reports

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
xacuta
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Books: Latest Finds / Store Reports

Post by xacuta »

The Book Depository in the UK has a very extensive range of Old and New Star Wars paper back novels.
Most are priced at around the 4.50 Pounds, which is only about $10.00 for a brand new Novel delivered FREE World Wide!!!

Delivery time is usually 1-2 weeks or less.

I Highly Recommend :D

http://www.bookdepository.co.uk
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

It looks like Borders Albany (Auckland) is going to be closed down - stock is getting less and less, and all the Information computers have gone. :(

But they do have some savings on many items with coloured stickers giving 25% off, 50% off and 75% off, including some Star Wars books, Star Wars Bobble Heads and Mustafar volcano science sets (the ones in the kids' section aren't stickered, but some in the toys and giftware section are). They've also got one Luke Pondwalker and one Princess Layer rubber duck figures at half price (now $7 each).
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

xacuta wrote:...
Most are priced at around the 4.50 Pounds, which is only about $10.00 for a brand new Novel delivered FREE World Wide!!!...
That's a pretty good price point; useful to know.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Paper Plus in Glenfield (Auckland) has one copy of the of The Old Republic: Deceived (hardback) priced at $49.99 for whoever gets there first. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I picked up the latest paperback from Dymocks in Newmarket (Auckland) today ...

The Clone Wars: Gambit Siege
by Karen Miller, $26.99
382 pages
ISBN: 978-0-099-53323-8

There's about half a dozen copies there.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Borders in Albany (Auckland) has box loads of kids' books from Whitcoulls old stock priced at "from $1", and includes a few Star Wars ones. They are "Bargain Books" though, so have been marked by a black maker pen across the underside of the pages near the spine.

I just picked up copies of:
  • The Clone Wars: Secret Missions #1 - Breakout Squad, $3
  • The Clone Wars: Secret Missions #2 - Curse of the Black Hole Pirates, $3
  • The Clone Wars: Sticker Storyteller (400 stickers), $5
  • The Clone Wars: The Official Episode Guide - Season 1, $10 (there was about a dozen of these)
There are also some copies of the kids' Early Readers type of books and smaller sticker books. They are a bit spread out through th boxes, so may take a bit of hunting (I tried to collect some of them together in a couple of places as I found them, but it was a bit busy thanks to the silly rugby game across the road tonight).
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

A few more finds this week.

Yesterday I found another book in the Borders Albany (Auckland) cheapo books:
  • The Clone Wars: Secret Missions #3 - Duel at Shattered Rock, $3
There's still a few of these left, some on one of the table edges that are easier than digging through the boxes. (Note: "Secret Missions" seems to be the sub-title of the American versions. The British releases don't have that.)

Today I stopped off at Dymocks in Newmarket and found two new releases:
  • Riptide by Paul Kemp (paperback, $25)
  • Lego Star Wars Character Encyclopedia with exclusive Han Solo Medal Ceremony Minifig by Dorling Kindersley (hardback, $40)
There's only one of each and Dymocks has 20% off all books until Monday, so be quick. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Not books, but I found two magazines today with Star Wars connections. :)

The New Zealand NetGuide magazine has a monthly competition and the November issue's prizes include five Ultimate FX Lightsabers. You need to buy the magazine to enter the competition - you need the cut-out coupon.

The October issue of the UK computer art magazine ImagineFX is a "Star Wars Special" ($14.50). It has articles about the art of Star Wars (3D and painting / illustration), interviews with some of the artists, concept art from the Prequel Trilogy, and on the free CD there are 3D models and images you can use. There were two copies at the Whitcoulls branch in Milford (Auckland) in the computer magazine section and it's quite easy to spot due to a larger backing card, but the backing card of both copies there were fairly battered. :(
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Dymocks in Newmarket has two of the The Jedi Path manuals ... I'm guessing they're the Vault Edition since they're priced at $145 each. :o (For Dymocks Book Lover card holders there is a 20% off sale day on Thursday, 24 November - I'm trying to decide whether it's worth buying one of these, although I've had to spend far too much money this month already with car repairs. :()

For comparision The Vault edition is currently about NZ$63 plus shipping from Amazon.com and $130 on MightyApe.co.nz. The standard version (UK print) without the vault is only $33 from MightyApe.co.nz

I see on Amazon.com that the same author has done a Secrets of the Sith manual too. This one comes in a pyramid shaped box by the look of it.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

The Jedi Path vault is pretty cool, but it does add a bit to the price. The book itself is fantastic if you're interested in jedi things :) I love all the little touches like the torn edges and hand written notes. The book isn't that big (smaller than a standard hardback book), so I'm not sure it's worth paying more than $100 unless you really need the vault too (bought mine from Amazon).

Image Image

IGN has a video/trailer for the Sith book - love the holocron :)

Had a quick look at Borders Queen St today, looks like they're closing down - had a few of the usual SW paperback novels left, but only 25% off the usual price.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB