80's the empire strikes back badges

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
jabroni
Cadet
Cadet

80's the empire strikes back badges

Post by jabroni »

hi, anyone know anything about these badges? I havnt had any luck googling info on them except for finding an image of a Chewbacca badge which might be from the same series.
hard to read the makers details on the edges of the badges, but after the "tm lucasfilm ltd (lfl)1980" it appears to say "lic.to factors est 1980" ?
thanks in advance
CIMG9811.JPG
CIMG9811.JPG (234.24 KiB) Viewed 4207 times
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 80's the empire strikes back badges

Post by MattG »

I believe those Factors buttons were an Australian release. There are two versions of each (with the black and red ESB logos respectively). There definitely is also a Chewbacca badge in the full set of 6. In the reference material I have on hand, the Boba Fett has a green background...not sure of the significance of that variation.
jabroni
Cadet
Cadet

Post by jabroni »

hi,thanks for that mattg.

I managed to find some mention of them here...

http://forum.rebelscum.com/t1074390/

not sure if the mention of "factors/valentines" means the company used 2 different names or if 2 different makers made similar badges? but the poster is looking for a few variations with green,blue,pink and red writing for names,and red ESB logo's and boba fett with green background and red for name.some of mine have red,blue,green and grey writing for names and red and black writing for ESB logo.

so looks like I could need a lot more than just 1 Chewbacca badge to finish a set now,my first star wars set dilemma :cry:
Anchorhead-Autos
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Anchorhead-Autos »

I had the red Boba as shown and a different Vader, I think Toy World sold them here?
Anchorhead Autos Ltd, you break them - we fix them. Finest speeder repairs this side of the Outer Rim...