Gun and Knife Fighting Workshop in Wellington

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Gun and Knife Fighting Workshop in Wellington

Post by Reverend Strone »

A mate of mine is running a workshop here in Wellington on Feb 12. Pete is a ninja and stunt man, so he knows his stuff. I thought some of the folks here might be interested in checking this out...

The gun fights workshop is all go!

The emphasis will be on the use of both real self defence and completely fake Hollywood-style gun and knife disarms/fights with a bit of knife vs. knife. We will be using a variety of modern and medieval prop knives plus varied prop guns.

Please bring a water bottle and some light snack food. Wear comfortable clothing that you can exercise in. Tape over or remove any jewellery that could catch and tear the skin.

Aim to arrive by 1:15pm so we can get registration forms and receipts done first.

IMPORTANT: Please remove footwear BEFORE entering the dojo.

NB: If someone can bring a laptop or portable DVD player I have a couple of short fight scenes we can watch and discuss.

If you would like to attend it on Saturday, 12th February (from 1:30-6:00pm at the Upper Hutt Martial Arts Centre, Lyster Lane, Upper Hutt ) please do the following ASAP to secure a place (it will fill up).

(1) Please deposit full payment ($60 waged or $40 unwaged/student ) in this account
-ANZ, Peter Hassall, 01-0771-0110523-46.

(2) Email me when you have made your payment.

I will send maps and direction on request.

Regards,

Peter Hassall
Peter's contact details, posted with his permission, are:

021-167-1837
stunts@paradise.net.nz

You can also check out his website to get a feel for his credits/skills/equipment.

ImageImageImage
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gun and Knife Fighting Workshop in Wellington

Post by MattG »

Would be in to this if it was local...tell him I'll sign up when he runs one in Auckland ;)