sccp 2009 video

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

sccp 2009 video

Post by batmanreturns »

hi guys,
its been a while :)
i hope this is the correct place to put this,if not feel free to move it matt :)

i was going through old home video,and came across some footage i thought you guys n' gals might like.
i've bunged it up on youtube,so feel free to watch it if you would be keen for a bit of batman themed costuming
for charity.
this is old footage put together from the 2009 [i think ?] special childrens xmas party held annually at mystery creek
events centre,hamilton.

anyways,it sure aint star wars,but i hope you enjoy it anyways :)

batman,over and out.
take care friends :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4UTgAAQXPQ
"never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. if people all over the world would do this....it would change the earth." -w.faulkner.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: sccp 2009 video

Post by MattG »

Now there's a flashback. Thanks for posting.
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

cheers matt :)

ten years of costuming,the highlight was being on my knees,interacting with a little girl at the SCCP.
we were lucky enough to have caught part of it on tape.
i made the video for her.the whole thing is built around her clip.
you may notice that the music peaks at 1.30 into the vid,when i meet this little girl. that was intended.
im very proud of our contribution to the event.

wherever that young lady is now,i sincerely hope that she is safe,secure and happy :)

another highlight was our combined batman themed troop at wellygeddon.
man,we killed it didnt we huh ?!
the group photo that was taken is my all-time fave costuming pic ever :) :)

thanks guys.
"never be afraid to raise your voice for honesty and truth and compassion against injustice and lying and greed. if people all over the world would do this....it would change the earth." -w.faulkner.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

I love SCCP :) Thanks so much for the invite all those years ago :) Been princessing it up at all the ones I can get to still :) A certain ice queen is still very beloved which just makes for absolute magic :)
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

thanks m, the sccp event is too cool not to share :)
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

hi guys,
we attended the sccp event in auckland today,and had a brief troop. [very brief in fact due to my cape button going ba-doing,
and having no way to repair it onsite. tried a safety pin,but the cape is too darn heavy]

had a magic time all-told,and got my game-on even if it was only so painfully brief.
recognised no-one in the current 501st crew,but bumped into an ex-trooper buddy while there,so that was a kick.
[a keen eye will spot him in the vid]

i have made a short video of our experience,and bunged it up on youtube.
please excuse the very average quality,my editing 'skills' still suck.

take care friends :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdfOD47Mcnc
batmanreturns
Ensign
Ensign

Post by batmanreturns »

well, we attended the mystery creek event yesterday, what a fantastic day it was !!
met some super cool people who were there in costumes, and got a terrific vibe from all the kids.

my girl took some video on her basic style phone,and i whipped up a vid when i got home.
kids never get tired of the batman,and i really enjoyed playing the part for a short time.

thanks guys, have a merry xmas,and a happy new year !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G07vctj1MGs