Force Friday, Sept 4 in NZ

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Force Friday, Sept 4 in NZ

Post by Reverend Strone »

Hey folks, so it appears that September 4th, Force Friday as they are calling it, is the date upon which the launch waves of Force Awakens tie in products from Hasbro are scheduled to hit retail in the USA. Though Hasbro has so far played coy regarding exactly what will be on shelves that day, leaked lists and hints they have offered seem to indicate there will an onslaught of new stuff across many skus, including 3 & 3/4" (though possibly just 5POA), 6", Galactic Heroes, Titaniums, Micro Machines, Hero Mashers, 12", Role Play and much more, with successive waves following between September and Christmas and on into the new year.

My question is, does anyone here with contacts at our regional Hasbro office know whether or not there will be a similar hard street date or coordinated launch here in NZ? Has anyone asked, please? If so, will it be the same day or later? And will we get everything the US receives? I appreciate that exact details of the products to come may well be embargoed for the present, but it'd be great to know if we'll be getting it all, which stores will carry it and if it'll be the same day or not. Sept 4 is only six weeks away as I type this.

Thanks.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Force Friday, Sept 4 in NZ

Post by MattG »

A good topic, and good questions. I'll drop Hasbro customer services a line, and relay any response that comes back.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Very good question/s.
I'll let ya'll know if I hear anything through my Bothan spy.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Thanks fellas! :D

I used to have a line into Hasbro NZ but that dried up a couple of years ago and I haven't yet found a another contact. Love to know what's in store for us. Another avenue of inquiry might be via local retailers. I'll ask around as well.

Fingers crossed we come up with some useful info. I'm one of these folks that likes to research and plan my purchasing so knowing what to expect is key. :D
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Got an answer, and that answer is a big YES! :D

Here are the details:

- NZ will have the same Force Friday as in other markets.
- Hasbro are anticipating it to "be huge!"
- The product will be on shelf in all toy retailers from 4th Sept.
- There are (at least) two retailers that are having midnight openings in selected stores, selling product at 12.01am...formal announcements will be coming soon.
- Not all the product will be available immediately. Some lines and also some characters within assortments are being progressively released over the coming months leading up movie launch in Dec.
- Quote from Hasbro: "...the line I’ve seen is fabulous. Some of the character art on the packaging is particularly stunning and is going to thrill your members."
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

MattG wrote:Got an answer, and that answer is a big YES! :D

Here are the details:

- NZ will have the same Force Friday as in other markets.
- Hasbro are anticipating it to "be huge!"
- The product will be on shelf in all toy retailers from 4th Sept.
- There are (at least) two retailers that are having midnight openings in selected stores, selling product at 12.01am...formal announcements will be coming soon.
- Not all the product will be available immediately. Some lines and also some characters within assortments are being progressively released over the coming months leading up movie launch in Dec.
- Quote from Hasbro: "...the line I’ve seen is fabulous. Some of the character art on the packaging is particularly stunning and is going to thrill your members."

that sounds cool, cant wait to see the details
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

It definitely sounds like we will need a thread like I mentioned in this thread!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Oh man, that's awesome news - especially that we might be seeing some midnight openings. I'm a real sucker for the atmosphere at events like that!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Archon Revuge wrote:...I'm a real sucker for the atmosphere at events like that!
Should be some real buzz and stories to share from this one. Will be interesting to see what everyone goes after :)
The Kiwi Jedi
Commander
Commander

Post by The Kiwi Jedi »

I can add to this everyone and can confirm that Toyworld will be one of the retailers holding this event. I have been in contact with my local Toyworld and have been told that they have not made a decision on weather they will be doing it but other Toyworld selected sites will be.
I didn't say anything earlier only cause I promised my contact I wouldn't say anything until it was confirmed.