SDCC 2015

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: SDCC 2015

Post by Anaria »

Vanity Fair has their write up of the SDCC panel and after-show concert - with a few short fan videos -

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/201 ... c-con-fans
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

The TFA exposure we got at SDCC was amazing - but man, I was really hoping for some juicy 3 3/4" news :(
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

That whole panel and subsequent concert sounds so amazing!!!!!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

That whole panel and subsequent concert sounds so amazing!!!!!
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I'm so envious of that concert!
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Archon Revuge wrote:The TFA exposure we got at SDCC was amazing - but man, I was really hoping for some juicy 3 3/4" news :(
A recent article from Jayson on Yakface echoes that feeling -

http://yakfaceforums.com/main/2015/07/1 ... ustration/
Despite the mystery box of all that is The Force Awakens, that didn’t really excuse the lack of everything else unrelated to the new film either. This is the “Journey” to The Force Awakens after all, isn’t it? Sure, we got some great reveals of 6” figures like Kanan, Sabine, Jango, Farmboy Luke, a detailed look at Ahsoka’s proposed deco and, to no one’s surprise, Darth Revan as the Fans’ Choice winner. But where was the stuff for the 3.75” fan? The bantha in the room was the fact that there was no direct answer regarding collector targeted figures (i.e. super articulated) or vehicles in that scale. There are still plenty of other figures in the fabled “parking lot” that could/should have been revealed.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yeah, Jayson summed up the feeling well in that article. I think it might be going too far to assume that between now and Sept 4th there will be no announcements and we'll be going into Force Friday blind. The lesson we should take from SDCC is probably that we shouldn't assume anything, but I think it's safe to imagine we will see a big toy news drop of the kind we'd normally get at SDCC, but probably coming much closer to September. Clearly the brand guardians felt July was too soon to show their hand, for whatever reason. That news dump could come at Disney's own D23 Expo in August, or it might take the form of a giant multi-licensee press release blasted out to all media on some arbitrary day that doesn't compete with every other company's announcements scrambling for attention at an event like Comic Con.

Whatever it is and however it is delivered, we do know that there is an onslaught of stuff coming on September 4th and that we have seen only a tiny fraction. We have seen sku lists that say as much and which provide us clues about what to expect. Between what Hasbro's representatives have admitted in interviews and the inside peaks that informed commentators have alluded to their columns and recordings, we know that there will be plenty of cool stuff to spend money on very soon. Annoyingly, and nerve-wrackingly for those of us who are waiting on tender hooks to learn the fate of collector-oriented 3 & 3/4" figures, we'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out what it is.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

The sound quality isn't great, but Arnie Carvalho's interview with Jeff Labovitz helps shed a little more light on what we can expect from Hasbro on Force Friday in September.

SWActionNews Interviews Jeff Labovitz

I'm still a bit confused regarding the future of 3 & 3/4" toys with respect to collector-oriented, greater articulation figures, as Jeff seems to indicate that this type of toy has a future, but then also seems to confirm there won't be any for Force Friday in the way he sidesteps around some of Arnie's questions as well. Maybe there are none coming in September, but there may be a premium range of some kind at this scale in 2016? I could see something like that, accompanied by the return of Vintage packaging, perhaps?
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Maybe there are none coming in September, but there may be a premium range of some kind at this scale in 2016? I could see something like that, accompanied by the return of Vintage packaging, perhaps?
I think you're o to something there Strone. It's only a hunch, but given the way this conversation plays out I feel like the only 3 3/4" TFA figures we'll see in September (and for the rest of the year, for that matter) will be 5POA.