SDCC 2015

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

SDCC 2015

Post by MattG »

San Diego Comic Con is coming up this week with a preview night on Wednesday (US time), and we're expecting a reasonable amount of Episode 7 and other Star Wars news. I thought I'd take a leaf out of Archon's book from last year, and list out the schedule with important panels converted to NZ time, so we can stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news releases. Original scheduling is listed in black text; New Zealand times are listed in orange.

Star Wars Publishing 2015, Part 1: Friday, July 10 10:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
Saturday, July 11 5:00 a.m. - 6:00 a.m.
Join a dynamic, all-star, New York Times-bestselling panel of authors including Alexandra Bracken (the Darkest Minds series), Adam Gidwitz (A Tale Dark and Grim series), Tom Angleberger (The Origami Yoda series), and Tony Diterlizzi (The Spiderwick Chronicles) in conversation with Lucasfilm’s Mike Siglain about the new Star Wars retellings for a younger generation of fans. From picture books to novels, these authors present A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, and Return of the Jedi in perspectives that will change the way readers understand who these beloved characters are and how they became legends for legions of fans.

Star Wars Publishing 2015, Part 2: Friday, July 10 11:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 11 6:00 a.m. - 7:00 a.m.
Join a variety of authors as they talk about their upcoming projects from that galaxy far, far away. Moderated by Lucasfilm’s Mike Siglain, authors from Del Rey and other publishers will participate in a discussion on writing stories for the exciting new future of the Star Wars universe.

Hasbro Star Wars: Friday, July 10 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 11 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 a.m.
Join members of the Hasbro and Lucasfilm teams as they discuss the popular Hasbro Star Wars line. Attendees will get an in-depth look at Hasbro’s latest action figure offerings, and word on the Holonet is there may also be a few surprises, including a special product reveal.

Star Wars Collectibles Update with Lucasfilm’s Anita Castellar: Friday, July 10 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 11 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m.
Join eFX, Gentle Giant Studios, Kotobukiya, and Sideshow Collectibles for product development insights and exclusive previews of the latest in Star Wars collectibles. In attendance will be Anita Castellar, a self-professed Star Wars fangirl who manages licensing for hardline categories at Lucasfilm such as toys, collectibles, consumer electronics, automotives, and more.

ILM 40th Anniversary: Friday, July 10 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Saturday, July 11 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
For 40 years, Industrial Light & Magic (ILM) has set the standard for visual effects, creating some of the most memorable images in the history of modern cinema. From advances in the photo chemical process, optical compositing, motion control, and models and miniatures — to the company’s pioneering efforts in computer graphics, digital compositing, film scanning and recording, morphing, digital environments, performance capture, character animation and modern digital pipelines, ILM continues to break new ground in visual effects for film, television, themed attractions, and new forms of entertainment. The presenters will discuss the company’s work from its earliest days and breakthroughs along the way.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Hall H: Friday, July 10, 5:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, July 11 12:30 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Lucasfilm president and producer Kathleen Kennedy, director J.J. Abrams, writer Lawrence Kasdan, and special guests provide a special look at Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
The Kiwi Jedi
Commander
Commander

Re: SDCC 2015

Post by The Kiwi Jedi »

Thanks for the info Matt. Been looking forward to that Hasbro panel.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:I thought I'd take a leaf out of Archon's book from last year, and list out the schedule with important panels converted to NZ time, so we can stay tuned for up-to-the-minute news releases.
You beat me to it Matt!

Thanks for putting this together. I'm really excited for that Hasbro panel!
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Archon Revuge wrote:...
You beat me to it Matt!

Didn't mean to grab it out from under you ;) but yeah, I'm thinking/hoping that there will be some interesting news and reveals this time around.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

That panel for The Force Awakens might even rival the one that opened Celebration Anaheim...

With that, it's fair to say we'll be seeing a trailer!
wanderlustin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by wanderlustin »

I'm really excited for the publishing stuff! More books info :D
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Thanks Matt!
Very keen to see what Hasbro have coming.

And if Harvey is correct with the EPVII trailer prediction, then yeah boyee!! :)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:
Archon Revuge wrote:...
You beat me to it Matt!

Didn't mean to grab it out from under you ;)
Not at all :)
Harvey Mushman wrote:That panel for The Force Awakens might even rival the one that opened Celebration Anaheim...

Awesome!!!
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

Harvey Mushman wrote:That panel for The Force Awakens might even rival the one that opened Celebration Anaheim...

cant wait for another trailer
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

I'm not sure how much we can trust their sources - but Entertainment Weekly is reporting that we won't be seeing any new trailer or footage from the The Force Awakens at SDCC :(