May 4th screenings 2015?

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

May 4th screenings 2015?

Post by badges2nz »

I was just wanting to know if anyone knows of any plans for the may 4th screenings this year, I don't want to miss it this time round if I can help it :D
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: May 4th screenings 2015?

Post by Harvey Mushman »

:)
Last edited by Harvey Mushman on Wed May 25, 2022 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

It looks like i'll be busy for the day, I'll be out side planet retro for the morning in costume then getting rid of some scrap metal for some much needed $$$ and then a visit to Wellington for a bit. :D
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Well after a week has gone by the May 4th was a very eventful day, I had spent two hours outside planet retro in full kit with amplifier and all sound effects working very well, except for being next door to the Bendon outlet store with some weird guy dressed in black and breathing very deeply.
There were a couple of great costumes out and about but with one very nervous boy at the last minute, we missed out on what I thought would have been a great photo op. never mind.
I then took off to Petone to pick up part of Pityaks costume for the evening.
Then off to see Rev Strone at his work place, there were a couple of very excited young ladies in the office wanting photos which was cool.
After catching up I moved on to Ronald McDonald house and the Wellington hospital children's ward which was very moving to see the kids there, Some were doing their daily exercises and showed me how they could use some force.
One very young lady was surprised to see me and wanted a photo to show her sister who is a very big Star wars fan, what surprised her the most was the Darth could talk to her in sign language, the look on her face was priceless.
Once I had finished the visit at the hospital I caught up with Evan at his shoe repair shop, seeing Darth Vader walking across the street with boots for repair must have looked funny, I was spied out by a mum with her son so to help have an experience he would never forget we had a sudden light saber duel outside the shoe shop, looks from customers at the restaurant next door and passing traffic would have been a sight especially with a couple of led sabers at the battle.
After the visit it was a short stop to re fuel food wise with looks from other customers seeing vader down a burger.
Then it was time to catch up with Pityak (Phil) and go to the bodega for the Empire strikes fast.
A fantastic pantomime with lots of fun references for everyone. :lol:
I think all in all a good day was had, if only I had organised an extra trooper or two.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dominion-post/ne ... -for-darth

This was a news item posted while I was at planet retro showing where all the parts of my costume came from.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Nice work Badges, thought I recognized your Vader :vader:

Come and troop with us some time ;)
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Thank you Fredstar, I would love to come up and see how you guys do it, good to have a group to back each other up. more fun too.
I just have to work on my second helmet which is a little more accurate although I think it looks a bit like a bobble head but not as much as my current one.
This will all be after I finish a project overdue for Postie and sort out some of my mini helmets to sell and raise funds to help pay off my costume loan of course.