Attempting to make a Fanfilm from scratch before July.

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Attempting to make a Fanfilm from scratch before July.

Post by HanSagan »

Crazy? Yes. Impossible? No.

I've noticed that the deadline for the Atomfilms contest is the 24th of June, and I think that NZ should represent. I have an idea, a very simple and achievable one, and I would like to see who may be interested in helping me make it a reality.

The Story is a simple one. A Rebel Trooper and a Stormtrooper are trapped together in a collapsed building, and are forced to talk to each other as human beings rather than shoot at each other across a battlefield. Tension rises as they wait to see if they will be rescued, and if so, which side will rescue them?

Oota Goota is onboard with his paintball suits which will be great to show Stormtroopers falling down and dying like they usually don't in Fanfilms. However, I have a few requirements, some of which I can provide myself if nothing better comes along, some of which I don't have at all:

1: A hero suit of battle worn armour - not to be fallen down in, just used for dialogue and closeups

2: 2 x trooper rifles, or at least one really good rifle and a rebel blaster (Han Solo style or similar)
I have an old Kenner trooper rifle to use, and I can probably kit bash a second for wideshots, but obviously the
anything better is better.

3: Any 'Rebel commando' type costumes that people wouldn't mind getting dirty. (This is not so crucial, I can probably throw something together myself for these)

4: Ideas for a 'battle torn urban landscape' in Auckland (since Southdown burnt down and is no longer available.)

5: Ideas for an interior 'Collapsed Building' set....only needs to be the size of a small garage or room. Either an actual ruined building, or something that can be easily dressed.

Shooting would be on the 19th - 20th of this month, so time is of the essence :)

Thanks for reading :)
http://www.angels2200.com

New Zealand's most successful webcomic!
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Attempting to make a Fanfilm from scratch before July.

Post by Bazzack »

Sounds cool. Unfortunately I don't think I have anything that would help, but hopefully it comes together for you.

B
Deadalus Thorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Deadalus Thorn »

Sounds cool.
you may want to make a call out to the 501st guys.

I would help, but all my gear is going on display permanently, otherwise I could of helped with weapons etc
Kind Regards
Deadalus Thorn

Feel free to join our Facebook group
SDT replica props and costumes
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 108&ref=mf
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Agree that this sounds like a great idea. Would help out as much as possible, but the timing is really bad for me at the moment. Have sent a PM with some ideas.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

HanSagan wrote: 4: Ideas for a 'battle torn urban landscape' in Auckland (since Southdown burnt down and is no longer available.)
Sounds like a great project :)

These are photos from the Corban's Art estate in Henderson. My old theatre and workshop haunting ground ;) There is a heck of a lot of concrete in the car park, the tops of round concrete vats to the West of the carpark and to the east, closer to the workshop buildings are these furnaces that have been stripped to their concrete skeletons:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

These could be easily dressed but you will probably have to inquire at the office for permission.
http://www.ceac.org.nz/
http://www.ceac.org.nz/venue_hire.aspx
HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by HanSagan »

That's a good idea...I have a friend who's got a little storeroom there too, could work out nicely.

Will check it out, thanks :)

oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

yeah right corbans! nice one mdb there are some good spots there;

hansagan if you get stuck for a rifle let me know I will have a go
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

No worries :) I almost had a photoshoot there last yer but it didn't quite happen. For my Mara costume actually :)

Hope you have fun scouting locations :)
HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by HanSagan »

Ok, after a bit of script revision, all I need now is one good Stormtrooper helmet (Shiny or battle worn, doesn't matter which).

Can anyone help me with this for next Sunday (20th)?

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

HanSagan wrote:Ok, after a bit of script revision, all I need now is one good Stormtrooper helmet (Shiny or battle worn, doesn't matter which).

Can anyone help me with this for next Sunday (20th)?
Can do, if you can pick it up sometime next week. Will contact shortly with details.