Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Preparation for events/appearances, and discussions + photo-sharing afterwards.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars Movie Marathon at Event Cinema's.

Post by MattG »

Got our family passes locked in for both days at Sylvia Park. :)

I get the urge to watch all the films in succession every year or so, but have been holding off recently in order to see them in them in this format again, after such a long time. Very much looking forward to it!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I got a nice personal facebook message from the Embassy Cinema today. They had been listening to the feedback and have decided to offer half-price kids marathon tickets - $25 per three films per child, which is much better than $50. Unfortunately they have insisted that no single movie tickets will be sold, so it still doesn't help me as only ANH is screening early enough for me to take my kids to and $100 for the three of us is too rich for just one film, but it was nice of them to make contact and to offer kids' rates. I may still try my luck by rocking up to the ticket office on the day and seeing if they will sell us a trio of singles. We'll see.

It's a shame they are being intractable on the single passes. Hoyts have offered their cinema-goers much more flexibility, but he Embassy has the monopoly on this promotion as far as central Wellington goes.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

When we booked the other day (Hoyts, Sylvia Park), there were still a lot of seats (the majority) available, so I'd wager that if they don't sell single tickets, they will miss out on revenue. Based on that, checking things out on or close to the screening date to see how many empty seats there are is a reasonable strategy.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Yeah, that's my plan. I would be surprised if they turn us away, should we show up on the day with credit card flashing. There will be empty seats. Heck, it wouldn't surprise me if they start giving away prequel trilogy passes. ;) Most people I have spoken to, if they aren't doing both trilogies, are prioritising the OT.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I'm still surprised at the pricing, to be honest - the marathons in Australia are $25 per day, much more reasonable. No idea why we're paying double that (from the same cinema chain too), there's going to be a lot of empty seats - regular movie goers aren't going to pay $50 to see films they can buy on dvd for $35. After the small attendance numbers for Episode 1 3D, I thought they'd be doing more to encourage people to attend - not hike the price up.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

It hasn't even been advertised anywhere that I've seen yet either. Mind you, neither was the Doctor Who Anniversary Special Event at the cinemas.
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Buzz Bumble wrote:It hasn't even been advertised anywhere that I've seen yet either. Mind you, neither was the Doctor Who Anniversary Special Event at the cinemas.
Whats this, a doctor who movie!!!, cool :)
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

badges2nz wrote: Whats this, a doctor who movie!!!, cool :)
I think Buzz is referring to the big-screen release of the made-for-TV 50th anniversary episode, The Day of the Doctor, back in November last year.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Yep, that's why I said "Doctor Who Anniversary Special". ;)

There was of course a Doctor Who movie starring Paul McGann ... and it was Americanised mess. Unfortunately the "new Who" makers have since made it an official part of the Doctor Who universe, so fan can't just ignore it (like the do with the Star Wars Holiday Special). :(
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

Well, next weekend, I'm heading to Welly to sit right in the middle of the premier seats at The Embassy with the bro, Phil, to watch the OT... yeah, I'm pretty freakin' excited!