Haul Thread

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Haul Thread

Post by Anaria »

Nice lot of figures Reverend Strone :) That R2-MK looks really cool - love all those jedi figures, especially Jaina (have to track her down soon).

Love all the EU figures there too, acerimmerrocks :) Many of those I hadn't seen good photos of before, they look great - may have to go and get some myself. That Imperial Knight especially, those red and black colours look really neat :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Great score Ace! That's a spectacular haul and has me rethinking some of the figs I passed on. :)

I just got word from a trade buddy in the US telling me he posted my big box of goodies that he's been amassing for me over the past 18 months. Shipping alone was over US$100 so I guess it really was big! I can't wait to get it! It's got a tonne of stuff most folks already have, but I'm still super excited. I think my AT-ST, Wedge's X-Wing and Dewbacks might be in there, among other things, depending on how much he was able to fit. :D
Last edited by Reverend Strone on Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Wow, sounds like a collectors Christmas coming your way! Big parcels are always great - look forward to photos of your haul! :)

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I received one little figure in the post today. Far from a "haul" but happy to get this one. It's the camouflage version of the Clone Wars ARF Trooper (stupid name). Here he is next to the earlier, vanilla flavoured version.
Attachments
DSC09951.jpg
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Just a little update, picked up 2 more figures off ebay -

Princess Leia from the early bird pack - I really like the way they sculpted her dress :)

New Juno Eclipse (on left, next to the older version).
DSC09949.jpg

Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

MattG wrote:I received one little figure in the post today. Far from a "haul" but happy to get this one. It's the camouflage version of the Clone Wars ARF Trooper (stupid name). Here he is next to the earlier, vanilla flavoured version.
arf arf arf arf :rotfl:

but seriously now, they're pretty cool looking troopers. I'll have to keep an eye out.
Fairtex
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fairtex »

Reverend Strone, those younglings jedi's r cool. Where can I get those from?
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Disneyland or Disneyworld Fairtex, where they are currently half price. I had a friend who visited Disneyworld in Florida pick them up for me. I am not sure whether you can order them online from their e-store or not. It might be worth looking into.

Anaria, that new Juno is a really sweet figure isn't she? I snagged that one too, in the interests of injecting a little more variety into my imperial ranks.

My mega huge ultimate box of goodies arrived this week! Woohoo! It took me hours to unpack it all - more than 70 figures + vehicles and creatures!!! I hope to find time on Saturday to photograph and share them with you guys. Like I've said before, most are figures many folks here will already own, but it's exciting to me to finally get my hands on them after my buddy has been picking them up for the past 18 months or so.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Big update time! I took some time to set up and photograph my newest acquisitions that all arrived last week in the mega-huge-ultimate-awesome-make-me-squeal-like-a-little-girl-and-almost-wet-myself-with-excitement box...

Some assorted Clone Wars figures (Robonino came off e-bay and he's awesome):

Going OT, some cool cantina aliens that most of you probably already have by now (bought two Saurins so I can custom one to look like the second one in the cantina):

I love concept art figures so I had to snag the latest two in the line:

The new Walmart exclusive Dewback! I love Dewbacks and these new ones are fabulous. My army building tendencies compelled me to snag two. They're seen here with the moisture vaporator and Sandtrooper from the Lars Homestead set, which I also grabbed:

The old POTF2 era Owen and Beru sculpts are a bit sad looking nowadays, but fortunately the same box that brought me these had the new AOTC wave Larses in it too. Beru rides astride the rereleased mailaway Eopie, which I bought two of for my dioramas:

Here's the other one, hanging with some of his prequel and EU buddies that arrived in the same big box. Great to finally finish building L8-L9:

I love Jabba's palace and have been collecting anything Jabba related, including bounty hunters and palace thugs, so these guys were all must-haves, including an extra Leia that I got by accident during an e-bay transaction mix-up. That's cool - she will be customised into either Jess or Jabba's pod race balcony eye candy girl someday:

Getting to the big stuff now, here's Wedge's X-Wing and a whole pile of rebels that all came in the same box. I was also able to complete a bunch of astromech BaDs and pick up the last astromechs I needed to make my astro droid collection up to date and finished:

Oops! These pilots should have been in that last picture but i somehow missed them. Here they are posed duking it out with my new Imperial scanning techs:

I have an Endor diorama planned so I have been stockpiling ewoks with some serious customising in mind. I grabbed a full set of modern ewok sculpts along with some extras of the latest pair off another trade forum. They all went to the same address as the rest of my stuff so arrived together in the big box. The new AT-ST is fabulous. It puts its progenitor to shame, being bigger, almost over articulated, if that's possible, and so much closer to being screen accurate:

I was truly shocked at how huge the TriDroid was. To convey his true size, he's shown here with a Super Battle Droid that came with a Jedi from one of the Geonosis Arena two-packs that came out last year and some mechno chairs that I plan on doing custom work with. They all arrived in this box too along with a bunch of other Jedi and clones below:

And finally, I really liked the look of the Resurgence of the Jedi battlepack, so I grabbed this one too. The new Luke in it is excellent, and apart from kinda too short legs, he's the best Tatooine Luke yet (yes, another one!):

Wow, what a haul. Seeing it all together I almost felt a little sick, like when you eat too much cake, but I justify it by saying this is the lion's share of a year or more's worth of collecting, so it's not quite so self indulgent and mad as it looks,.. or maybe it is. Anyways, i hopefully just have enough time to recover before the new CW and vintage stuff starts hitting. I saw all of Vintage wave 1 except Leia while in Sydney last week. Seeing vintage cardbacks on the pegs again was a really cool experience, but I resisted picking any up on account of the price tags and because I am still recovering from the shipping charge for all this!!! :D
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I want to say "nice X-wing, awesome AT-ST, cool [insert figure/vehicle name here]", but there's something in pretty much all of those photos that I covet, so I'll just leave it at "Woot!" :p