Gavin Bocquet pod racer drawings

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Lizard
Cadet
Cadet

Gavin Bocquet pod racer drawings

Post by Lizard »

Hi everyone,

Sorry for rudely butting in without a proper introduction.

I have come across some pre-production (c. 1995) drawings of pod-racers and the like by prequel production designer Gavin Bocquet. I'm just curious to know whether these are likely to be of interest to Star Wars collectors?
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Gavin Bocquet pod racer drawings

Post by Bazzack »

Hey Lizard. Got any pics of the pics?
Lizard
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lizard »

They're A3 size, so a bit tricky to scan. I'll try and take some regular photos and put them up.

The drawings are in pencil, mostly of pod racers and their various parts. They have the name "G. Bocquet" handwritten with a date, generally in 1995, plus a stamped "LUCASFILM LTD" and a number.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Hi Lizard - these certainly sound interesting. I couldn't quite tell from your initial post - are you looking to sell?

Pics would be great - what other details do you have about these? Are they a commercially released item?
Lizard
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lizard »

Everything has its price, MattG. Honestly, I'm just curious. Obviously if a sale might be a mortgage-ending proposition then I would take any offers seriously!

I forget to take pics over the weekend as I was out of town. I should get some up tomorrow though. These are not commercial items - they are actual original drawings.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Lizard wrote:Everything has its price, MattG. Honestly, I'm just curious. Obviously if a sale might be a mortgage-ending proposition then I would take any offers seriously!...
Fair enough! :)
Lizard wrote:...These are not commercial items - they are actual original drawings.
In that case, they sound very interesting. At some point, you'll undoubtedly be asked about provenance (which does affect value)...are you able to share any details about how you got them?
Lizard
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lizard »

OK, here's some pics. Sorry about the low res but my phone is a piece of crap. The pics are of two full drawings, the name and date on one, and the "LUCASFILM" stamp. Some of them also have a red stamp that says "OK".
Attachments
Image043.jpg
Image042.jpg
Image041.jpg
Lizard
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Lizard »

I see there is a three pic limit!
Attachments
Image044.jpg
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I'm not a fan of that flick, but those drawings bring back a great feeling of nostalgia. I remember the first videos I ever watched on the 'net were the first couple of video diaries for Episode I, way back when we knew absolutely nothing about it. Back when hopes were [too] high, when you could feel the hype machine starting up, when the excitement was palpable. I tell ya, it was magic listening to George talk 'bout writing that show†, as well as seeing a few snippets of the designs from Doug Chiang, along with the music that was ingrained into me... man, it was best!

Anyway, those are some great pieces!

†He did actually write some stuff, right? :p