NY Toy Fair 2010

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

NY Toy Fair 2010

Post by MattG »

The New York Toy Fair starts tomorrow. I can't wait to see the Hasbro presentation, breaking down the year's worth of expected releases.

There's always a ton of coverage and photos, but I thought it might be useful to have a thread to discuss and link to some of the more interesting news and announcements.

YodasNews has their gallery set up ready to go... http://www.yodasnews.net/NewYorkToyFair2010/

PS: ...everybody see this tidbit from Hasbro, as a precursor to the Toy Fair? Boba Fett, "identically styled after the 1980 mail-away figure"!!?
Hasbro wrote:In 2010, Hasbro is taking STAR WARS fans back to “a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away” with 28 STAR WARS 3 ¾ inch VINTAGE ACTION FIGURES. The selection includes all-time favorite characters from throughout the six-film Saga, such as LUKE SKYWALKER, 4-LOM, DENGAR and HAN SOLO. Each of the figures in this assortment will feature the exceptionally accurate design and superb articulation customary to Hasbro’s action figures, and they will be offered in packaging reminiscent to that of the original 1978-1984 STAR WARS packaging!

Additionally fans are also encouraged to collect five of the marked figures in the new vintage lineup to send away for their very own “Rocket Firing” BOBA FETT action figure, identically styled after the 1980 mail-away figure.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: NY Toy Fair 2010

Post by MattG »

Photos are hitting the web via reported tweeting from the show floor. These one are courtesy of Yakface.com:

Rocket-firing Boba Fett!

Republic Commando and Padme Snowbunny Galactic Heroes:

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Rebelscum has a good version of the Hasbro presentation online: http://www.rebelscum.com/TF2010/Hasbro_ ... efault.asp

I just can't wait for this...

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Looks like Dack gets the honour of being the first character on a new-Vintage card, that wasn't released in the original era series. Plenty of new ESB Hoth characters coming up to go with the new AT-AT :)

Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Just when I thought it was safe to go back to the toy store.........
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Dak will be mine! I think this will be the first time that as a loose collector I'm gonna be genuinely gutted to be tearing open my cardbacks and bubbles - it's a thrill seeing new figures on these vintage cards. I can't wait to see the prequel waves presented this way.

That said, I am adamant that I will not be tempted into MOC collecting!

I'm looking forward especially to Dak, the new Hoth Leia, AT-AT Commander and the new Snowspeeder (plus of course the new AT-AT itself). But really, the main event for me will be the ROTJ wave. If the rumour lists are accurate, that will be hold Jabba's palace heaven for me.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...If the rumour lists are accurate, that will be hold Jabba's palace heaven for me.
What have you heard/read?
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

These are the rumours I've been tracking...

* Admiral Ackbar resculpt
* Wooof (Green Nikto palace guard)
* Gamorrean Guard resculpt
* Weequay Skiffmaster (now said to be pushed out till 2011)
* Wicket resculpt (possibly as a 2-pack with Lumat but the vintage cardback makes this seem unlikely now)
* AT-ST Driver resculpt
* Nien Nunb resculpt
* Lando Calrissian (General) resculpt
* Sim Aloo (Imperial Dignitary)

I doubt, even ifthey are all true, that they're all coming in the 2010 wave, but even if only half do, I'll be happy. Admittedly many are resculpts, but they are justifiable ones I reckon.

I'm really excited about the Camie and Fixer CV set though. I'd love to grab those characters! I feel a Tosche Station diorama idea forming.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

:ackbar: Nice...don't think I'd seen that list. I'm all for OT aliens (and droids). Although I generally open everything else, I don't think I could open a new-Vintage card... :( (I think it's residual regret at cutting up my 12-back cards, as a seven year old, to stick them in my scrapbook).

That Camie/Fixer 2-pack is an interesting choice. I think it's cool, and will definitely try and grab one.
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

is glad my wife has gone back to work, will need some extra cash for all of these
:D

there are a few of each wave that is getting me excited about what is coming, has Hasbro NZ confirmed we will be able to get the boba fett?
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D