(Re-)making a toy display room

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: (Re-)making a toy display room

Post by MattG »

On a side note, a consequence of cleaning things up is that we'll likely have a few figures, and some random shelving/display cabinets etc for sale. I'll start posting such things in the relevant forum section in the next day or so. (The bigger cabinets/shelves will be pick-up only, but we're more than happy to hold them for arrangements to be made if anyone happens to find them useful).
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:On a side note, a consequence of cleaning things up is that we'll likely have a few figures, and some random shelving/display cabinets etc for sale. I'll start posting such things in the relevant forum section in the next day or so.
Excellent :)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

A little bit of progress...have finished the basic shelving configuration on wall no.2, and have started the process of making all of the lowest levels into comic storage space.
Attachments
DSC00009.jpg
DSC00008.jpg
badges2nz
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by badges2nz »

Reverend Strone wrote:Your display always impressed the heck out of me Matt so I can't wait to check out version 2.0 and witness it taking shape. I loved your mini dioramas/scenes and thought they worked really well. Hanging ships is a great notion too, freeing up shelf space for figures and giving the whole room more dynamism than rows of uniform shelves can ever offer.

I'm also interested to keep an eye on it because my own toy room is going to be happening this year too. I'm keen to steal good display ideas from you! :D Our plans have been drawn up and quotes obtained from the builders, so now we're awaiting council consent to begin building. It'll be a sleep-out/rumpus/creative room, but right now it is also slated to be my toy display room with one wall entirely devoted to deep, embedded glass-fronted display cases and at least one other wall intended to support hanging displays, framed art and free-standing display cases. I hope to have a glass-topped coffee table with an illuminated diorama inside it as well, assuming there is sufficient floor space for it once everything else is in place.
If you need any help with electrical work let me know, I live in Otaki and do alot of work in Wellington, plus it would be nice to meet another member in the flesh so to speak.

I love the work you have put into your displays Matt, also the AT AT is really good, love the treadmill shot.
Doomsday and Armageddon got together and had a baby and man is it ugly.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

badges2nz wrote: If you need any help with electrical work let me know, I live in Otaki and do alot of work in Wellington, plus it would be nice to meet another member in the flesh so to speak.
Thank you very much for the kind offer! I could probably use the help and it'd certainly be a nice excuse to meet. :)

We've just hit a potentially major snag in our extension plans, but if the structural engineer's feedback doesn't totally scuttle our budget, we hope to be building later this year.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

badges2nz wrote:...
I love the work you have put into your displays Matt, also the AT AT is really good, love the treadmill shot.
Thanks. Just for a bit of fun, here are a few quick shots of how the shelf displays are starting to develop. These are some of the smaller themed areas.
Mustafar
Mustafar
Dagobah
Dagobah
Naboo
Naboo
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Mustafar and Naboo are looking great Matt and Kristy. It's amazing how many Mustafar-themed figures have actually been released. Even though I own many of them, I never really comprehended how many there were until I looked at that set up you have there with them all posed together. There's a lot! That snail tank above team Gungan is really pretty cool too ain't it? I may yet have to hunt one of those down...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...That snail tank above team Gungan is really pretty cool too ain't it? I may yet have to hunt one of those down...
It is quite cool - they have them at Fishpond for a reasonable price ($45) at the moment. http://www.fishpond.co.nz/Toys/Corporat ... 3/?ref=254
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yeah, I just spotted your post in the other thread and clicked through on that link. My wife would call that enabling. :D Thanks Matt. Very, very tempting... :lol:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Got some more (vintage) stands in hand. Here are a couple of regions that are starting to come together (but still need some tidying/organising).

Bespin:
Bespin
Bespin
Endor:
Endor
Endor