New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

New/upcoming figure/vehicle discussions

Post by MattG »

We've had a few isolated discussion threads about toy/action figure news, but I figure we could do with a consolidated one, to link to and discuss any news about upcoming figure/vehicle releases.

For instance...Sandtroopers.com have just released pics of the AOTC/Wave 4 vintage card figures...

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20100930/
Attachments
zam_card.jpg
zam_card.jpg (23.56 KiB) Viewed 23162 times
padme_card.jpg
padme_card.jpg (22.3 KiB) Viewed 23162 times
obi_card.jpg
obi_card.jpg (22.83 KiB) Viewed 23162 times
kit_card.jpg
kit_card.jpg (22.97 KiB) Viewed 23162 times
jango_card.jpg
jango_card.jpg (22.22 KiB) Viewed 23162 times
anakin_card.jpg
anakin_card.jpg (22.47 KiB) Viewed 23162 times
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: New/upcoming figure discussions

Post by Anaria »

I'm really looking forward to the new Padme figure - the card is quite nice, I get the feeling I'll be buying 2 so I can have one carded and one loose :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Neova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Neova »

Sorry to sound like a newbie, but is there a pretty thorough online resource for keeping track of which wave of figures are coming out and when? Hasbro's website isn't specific enough to the 3.75" figures for my liking.
I mean, I have really only just started collecting properly, so I need to be able to keep track of what's happening.
At the moment, I'm wanting to complete the full set of Hasbro's Vintage range, so as I understand it, it stands like this so far:
Wave 1 = The Empire Strikes Back
Wave 2 = Revenge Of The Sith
Wave 3 = Return Of The Jedi
Wave 4 = Attack Of The Clones
Am I right?... Or way off??
Thanks for the help, and again, sorry for sounding like a real newbie...

Will
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Those wave breakdowns sound about right Will, although they snuck a sandtrooper in to the ROTS wave for some reason.

Here's Rebelscum's list for the 2010 Vintage line: http://www.rebelscum.com/TVCfigures.asp

Then, in the past, there have been vintage cards as part of the OTC line in about 2004 ( http://www.rebelscum.com/OTCvintage.asp ), the Saga Collection in 2006 ( http://www.rebelscum.com/TSCvintage.asp ), and the TAC line in 2007 ( http://www.rebelscum.com/TACvintage.asp ).
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

I am looking forward to the Endor Rebel Trooper and the Gamorrean Guard from the return of the jedi wave

here is the link from Rebelscum http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/Th ... 134109.asp
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Zippo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Zippo »

Looking forward to getting Senate Security Guard, Super Battle Droid and Zam Wesell. Might also get Mace and Kit depending on how finances are at the time.

BBTS has my order for Gamorrean Guard, Wooof and Admiral Ackbar from Wave3 3 (or 4.5 as BBTS calls it)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

That ROTJ wave is pure plastic love for me. I've bought little from the new vintage collection so far but that's about to change. There's so much in there I want. :D I'm gonna need a small squad of Gamorreans, plus at least three or four Wickets (for my daughter, me and some custom fodder). Gonna need Wooof for sure, maybe even more than one, plus Ackbar is a must, and a handful of the new R2s, again for custom purposes.

I'll be in the USA next month so I am hoping these will hit while I am there and I can score some in person. Fingers crossed anyways. I plan on stocking up on stuff I have missed while I'm there. :D

I skipped the ROTS wave and will probably let the AOTC wave go by with the exception of Zam (I boycotted the previous, awful figures of her). I am, however, really impressed by that new Padme figure. I have toyed with following Kristy's lead and buying one of each of the various Padme's over the years but always find myself slightly underwhelmed when I have them in hand in the stores. Somehow they just don't capture the beauty of her outfits in plastic, but this one is really nice looking. Maybe she'll be the one that pushes me over the edge. ;)

Looking forward to getting a look at wave 5 in the next couple of weeks if Hasbro delivers on their promise of pictures before the next Q&A answers are returned.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:That ROTJ wave is pure plastic love for me. I've bought little from the new vintage collection so far but that's about to change. There's so much in there I want. :D I'm gonna need a small squad of Gamorreans, plus at least three or four Wickets (for my daughter, me and some custom fodder). Gonna need Wooof for sure, maybe even more than one, plus Ackbar is a must, and a handful of the new R2s, again for custom purposes. ...
Oooh, big shopping spree!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Yup! I saved some cash by skipping ROTS entirely and will probably only get one or two from AOTC, but the ROTJ waves always kick my wallet in the weak spot, prompting lots of money to fall out. This one will be the most expensive wave in years for me. Hey, if I was rationale and circumspect when it comes to spending money on small plastic men I would have chosen a different hobby. ;)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

A few more have been revealed from the AotC wave - Mace, Senate Guard, and Super Battle Droid.

http://www.sandtroopers.com/sandwatch/hasbro/20101006/
Attachments
senate_guard_card.jpg
senate_guard_card.jpg (20.87 KiB) Viewed 23096 times