The Return of The Vintage Collection

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

The Return of The Vintage Collection

Post by Archon Revuge »

Copied from this thread:
Dawfydd wrote:I think perhaps the fact we are getting 3.75 inch figures back and the on-going poll (which starts tomorrow) for 4 days is worthy of a topic its self written by somebody who doesn't have a muddle of thoughts.

If data from Rebelscum is anything to go by ;
The top six winners are as follows:

1) Yak Face from Return of the Jedi
2) Ben Skywalker from the Expanded Universe
3) Sim Aloo from Return of the Jedi
4) Doctor Aphra from Marvel Comics
5) Tonnika Sisters from A New Hope
6) Pong Krell from the Clone Wars Series
Thanks for bringing this up Dawfydd. It's a surprising reversal of Hasbro's decision to save super-articulation for it's 6" line of figures, but great news for those collectors (like myself) who have stubbornly stuck to the 3 3/4" scale over the past couple of years. It'll be interesting to see if this revived 'Vintage Collection' will include a comprehensive release of figures, or if it'll instead contain a single-digit number of select releases each year in the same way as the Walmart-exclusive Black Series line of 3 3/4" figures. I'd bet on the latter, as it seems unlikely that Hasbro would diversify to three full lines of figures (5POA 3 3/4", SA 3 3/4", and SA 6").

So I'm curious, how will y'all modify your collecting habits in light of this announcement? Although I currently have access to the Walmart TBS line over here in the States, I still find myself sinking most of my cash into 5POA figures -
mostly because (1) they're a heck of a lot easier to find, and (2) they include a much wider selection of characters. Given this, if the new Vintage Collection turns out to simply be the Walmart TBS line with a wider distribution, then I imagine my collecting habits will remain exactly the same.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The Return of The Vintage Collection

Post by Archon Revuge »

Also, please let Aphra win that poll...
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Looks like she is ahead, which isn't my choice but i prefer it over Yakface who is a figure i'd never buy though i do think all figures should be made a little more thought into exclusive cantina and low screen time figures should have a smaller production line and be sold at conventions compared to main characters.

26% compared to the next 21% for an Ahsoka rebels in 4 inch (which i feel is a waste since she has a good 6 inch figure already)

Also -
"Our unofficial Vintage Collection poll is now closed and the Tonnika Sisters, with 32% of the votes, were the clear winners. The official Star Was website has now posted the input from participating Star Wars community fan sites and the next round of voting has started. Curiously the Tonnika Sisters didn't make the final cut, so we wonder how else Rebelscum reader's opinions differ from the rest of the community. Help us find out by taking part in our latest Probe Droid poll and put your vote forward for the same final six as starwars.com has posted."

I noticed some people trying to find one of the actresses who played one of the sisters today and it mentioned one passed and only gave permission to use her likeness as an action figure just before she died, but the other actress has since dropped completely off the radar and despite them winning an overall poll because Hasbro doesn't have permission to use her likeness is likely the reason the Tonnika sisters are not the winner at this time.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Guess i will update this thread with the news Doctor Aphra did win.

For those of you who do not know who this character is, she is a major character in the recent dark horse DARTH VADER! 1-25 comic books, which are fairly good, and soon her own comic series is starting, she has interaction with Vader himself some rebels and even some known bounty hunters if you think what Darth Vader gets up to in his spare time sounds interesting check it out.

I just hope they don't model her head only with the helmet she has, i think she looks better with it off.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)