Toy Reveals at NY Toy Fair

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Toy Reveals at NY Toy Fair

Post by MattG »

Pics of the 40th anniversary 6" figs, in particular, here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 436&type=3
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Toy Reveals at NY Toy Fair

Post by MattG »

Some vid footage showing the scale and detail of the Hasbro Black Series Poe Dameron helmet. It looks great. https://youtu.be/CwcRIyDprPA?t=9m49s
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

http://news.toyark.com/2017/02/18/toy-f ... ars-242587

love some of the pictures, so guttered with the 3.75" figures, they looks awesome but why oh why 5 POA, got some of the walmart figures and they are awesome why cant all the figures go back to full articulation
Admiral Raddus looks great
Jedha Revolt 4-Pack could be so awesome if it had full articulation
Lieutenant Sefla another awesome looking figure only if it had more articulation
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Disappointed that absolutely nothing new was shown for 3.75", other than the Walmart exclusive repacks, which aren't technically new. No interest in 6". No Titanium ships or Micromachines shown. Boo! Fortunately the two new helmet sets shared look really cool. I hope those aren't the only ones coming this year, but at least they mean there is something from this year's TF that I am interested in buying.

Overall, I feel this year's show was a huge snore-fest for anyone not interested in 6". The problem is really the timing. Hasbro's release focus is Christmas as a result of the movie releases. Unfortunately the rest of the year is something of a vacuum, despite other media like the Rebels tv show offering opportunities for toy exploration, to say nothing of looking back at the vast mine of potential awesomeness in SW history for fresh subjects to interpret as toys. If Hasbro has no wish to market SW through the middle of the year, then they really have nothing to show at TF, as it's too early to begin promoting September's products amid all the secrecy of the new movie content. Combined with them presumably holding back some stuff to show off at Celebration and both New York and San Diego Comic Cons, Toy fair is left sucked dry. It's not what it once was, that's for sure.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Reverend Strone wrote:Disappointed that absolutely nothing new was shown for 3.75", other than the Walmart exclusive repacks, which aren't technically new. No interest in 6". No Titanium ships or Micromachines shown. Boo! Fortunately the two new helmet sets shared look really cool. I hope those aren't the only ones coming this year, but at least they mean there is something from this year's TF that I am interested in buying.

Overall, I feel this year's show was a huge snore-fest for anyone not interested in 6". The problem is really the timing. Hasbro's release focus is Christmas as a result of the movie releases. Unfortunately the rest of the year is something of a vacuum, despite other media like the Rebels tv show offering opportunities for toy exploration, to say nothing of looking back at the vast mine of potential awesomeness in SW history for fresh subjects to interpret as toys. If Hasbro has no wish to market SW through the middle of the year, then they really have nothing to show at TF, as it's too early to begin promoting September's products amid all the secrecy of the new movie content. Combined with them presumably holding back some stuff to show off at Celebration and both New York and San Diego Comic Cons, Toy fair is left sucked dry. It's not what it once was, that's for sure.
indeed, hasbro are trying to push the 6 inch figures as main now, because 2 inches = twice the price which is not double the cost for hasbro, the black series they tried listing higher and nobody would touch their throw away figures till they were on clearance, so they took that as the "hint" the 3.75 line was only small time collectors, which in reality many people love the line, but not every fan is going to want to buy cantina alien #37 and the other 3 filler aliens from a case when they're rather more of the troopers and main characters.
Because hasbro have never realized army builders exist out there and having 100 of the same figure of trooper is viable, but the same for cantina aliens will never be, they never raised the numbers of troopers high enough to satisfy real army builders they have had plenty of times to introduce mutlipacks like the mandalorians at a reduced price with more characters in it, and see how well it did from second market those packs go for *censored* tonnes now, and would be an easy repaint for hasbro if they hadn't gone retard.

We'll likely see a reduced number count of normal 3.75 figures until they get through all the main characters and their outfit changes once the 6 inch waves are reissues and random aliens interest will fall and hasbro again will question what buyers are doing like they can't observe trends.

However the 6 inch i do feel like picking up qui-gon looks very good and hera! though i wonder when i'll get a full set of rebels and if they'll ever come in their changed outfits of later seasons, at this rate it'll be like the clone wars and we'll see the season 1 figures during season 4, and the updated character figures from season 3 after the show is finished lol.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

abit OT anyone know if New Zealand will be getting the newest voltron line? the new netflix show is really good i'd love a set while hasbro figure out what they want to sell me.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)