TFA TOYS and other Merch

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Octavious Thorley
Ensign
Ensign

TFA TOYS and other Merch

Post by Octavious Thorley »

People,
What was the one TFA toy you got excited about when that film came out? Why?
Which ones are your favorites now?

I am asking because, as a Media Studies teacher, I have my class studying the relationship between the film (TFA) and its audience. One connection is through the toys and other merchandise.

I will be mentioning the products you identify to my class but not anyone's name.

Thank you.
Andiamo
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: TFA TOYS and other Merch

Post by Andiamo »

Remote control BB-8. Was intrigued as to how it worked with the magnets/gyro
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Hey Octavious - great subject to broach with your class.

For me, it was all about the return of Micro Machines. Those little spaceships really kicked off my Star Wars collecting habit as a kid in the '90s, and they hold an enormous amount of nostalgic value for me. Sadly, they went out of production after the release of The Phantom Menace in '99 - so I was understandably rapt to see they were making their return with TFA!
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

Millennium Falcon. The big(-ish) Nerf one.
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Archon Revuge wrote:Hey Octavious - great subject to broach with your class.

For me, it was all about the return of Micro Machines. Those little spaceships really kicked off my Star Wars collecting habit as a kid in the '90s, and they hold an enormous amount of nostalgic value for me. Sadly, they went out of production after the release of The Phantom Menace in '99 - so I was understandably rapt to see they were making their return with TFA!
Yep, this. Same answer for me, though I was in university when Star Wars Micromachines first hit in the nineties. I just love how delicate and detailed they are, and they look fantastic in a line up spanning all eras of Star Wars films and television.
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

For me it was BB-8, but in some regards as a 3 3/4 inch collector was disappointed with the 5POA for the whole figure line, really limited my excitement for them
as some of the figures were cool, but needed that articulation to make them displayable
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Have been thinking about this one. I think the thing I was most keen on securing early was simply the TFA stormtrooper action figure(s). I've always been a sucker for imperial trooper figures...my very first action figure, and one of my first Star Wars collectibles, was the Kenner (now vintage) stormtrooper mini-action figure.