My Collection, after 1 month

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: My Collection, after 1 month

Post by Harvey Mushman »

dparkparknz wrote:Hi Harvey Mushman, here is a taste of what I have. I have a lot of items in storage and I rotate them around.
They are all screen used and authentic ( I have COA's and receipts for them all)

- Judy Garland's Dorothy Dress From the Wizard Of Oz purchased from Profiles In History
- The Wicked Witches Hat purchased from Profiles In History
- Scarlett O'hara drapery hat purchased from the Debbie Reynolds Museum
- The Heart Of The Ocean from Titanic purchased from Fox Studios

I also have
Batmans Batman Returns full suit as well as Catwomans cowl (it's badly disintegrated though)
Roses Titanic boarding suit (without the hat unfortunately)
Various Costumes from Ben Hur, Cleopatra, Spartacus and Quo Vadis
2 of the Von Trapp curtain outfits from The Sound Of Music
and loads more
What an epic collection!
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

No offence intended, but are you ever so slightly OCD? And/or rich?
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
dparkparknz
Ensign
Ensign

Re: My Collection WEEK 8

Post by dparkparknz »

Well I am now 8 weeks into collecting Star Wars toys.
I have found that the best part of collecting is the many great people, I have to shout out to Edward26 who I have brought quiet a few items off, his collection is amazing and he has been really great at helping me to expand my collection.

......and no KyloRen I don't have OCD ;p
Attachments
Star Wars Collection Week 8.jpg
Star Wars Collection Week 8.jpg (1.33 MiB) Viewed 8493 times
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

It is a massive under taking for such a short period, I kind of wonder if you slowed down you might savior each item as it comes out as sooner or later you'll run out of old stuff to catch up on and have to wait for new stuff to come out.

Have you thought of diorama's or displays if you liked that kind of thing it might focus you into a certain line, like the 6 inch of 4 inch.
Clearly you have a decent income and most of the 6 inch vehicles and figures haven't been made so that'd be a good place to head towards for displays and the vehicles that are released, many of the 4 inch vehicles are under scaled and have "play focus" like shooting missiles were cannons would be etc.

Though hot toys had a display of a falcon i don't think they can release a whole one at that size, but maybe more costly collectors items are heading that direction i've noticed transformers that cost $300 where as a couple of years ago they'd max out towards the 150$ range.

I'd also wonder if you might not find somebody in Nz who might make diorama items for you out of wood/metal like the emperors chair for a 6 inch figure (and he'd need a custom lower cloak replacement) i had always thought there might be places who'd do that kind of thing but i'd never have the money to look into it seriously, though i can dream of a scale to action fleet size star destroyer... *drool*

Its certainly interesting to see your collection grow and with limited space it'll be hard to get everything but i hope you manage!
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

dparkparknz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dparkparknz »

Thanks Dawfydd

Yeah i have decided to focus a little more on certain things rather than just buying everything I like. I have also decided to convert a spare bedroom at my house into a star wars room because there isn't enough room for everything I own now. Today I received someones 20 year collection that I bought and it's over 800 pieces so I really need the space now.

I really like the larger vehicles and life size pieces. I have the sideshow R2D2 on his way as well as a sideshow Millennium Falcon so I hope to focus more on these larger high quality items.
dparkparknz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dparkparknz »

kyloren wrote:dpark 3 months from now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdZ3v-Ml5n8

;)

OMG hopefully I don't turn into this guy, although I can see it happening at some point and probably sooner than later too LOL
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

dpark, may I ask what inspired this sudden compulsive collecting?

Have you never collected SW stuff previously?

Me, I was a kid when the original film came out and my parents bought me all the original figures. I subsequently lost/broke/melted/burnt/destroyed/gave them all away (like the majority of kids at the time... who kept them immaculately mint in box??).

When TPM came out, I picked up a few figures based on nostalgia, then started collecting other figures here and there. I didn't fully start collecting an entire run until TFA. But that was, you know, 15 years later.

Personally, I'm solely 3.75, but that's just me.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

kyloren wrote:dpark, may I ask what inspired this sudden compulsive collecting?

Me, I was a kid when the original film came out and my parents bought me all the original figures. I subsequently lost/broke/melted/burnt/destroyed/gave them all away (like the majority of kids at the time... who kept them immaculately mint in box??).

When TPM came out, I picked up a few figures based on nostalgia, then started collecting other figures here and there. I didn't fully start collecting an entire run until TFA. But that was, you know, 15 years later.

Me too kylo mostly because of cost, i picked up in 2012 because the clonewars set was so nice and accurate to the look, which then expanded to imperial army build along with clones mandolorians and sith/jedi which makes those walmart exclusives so sad.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Edward26
Commander
Commander

Post by Edward26 »

kyloren wrote:dpark, may I ask what inspired this sudden compulsive collecting?

I have to put my hand up on this.
He was inspired by my hoard, he saw what was possible with some time and commitment.
It ignited a spark within his inner conscience.

We do not judge within the household of faith.
May The Force Be with Him.
Attachments
mancave1.jpg
mancave1.jpg (323.21 KiB) Viewed 8364 times
mancave.jpg
mancave.jpg (91.08 KiB) Viewed 8366 times
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.