My Collection, after 1 month

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Re: My Collection, after 1 month

Post by Dawfydd »

Edward26 wrote:
kyloren wrote:dpark, may I ask what inspired this sudden compulsive collecting?

Have you never collected SW stuff previously?

Me, I was a kid when the original film came out and my parents bought me all the original figures. I subsequently lost/broke/melted/burnt/destroyed/gave them all away (like the majority of kids at the time... who kept them immaculately mint in box??).

When TPM came out, I picked up a few figures based on nostalgia, then started collecting other figures here and there. I didn't fully start collecting an entire run until TFA. But that was, you know, 15 years later.

Personally, I'm solely 3.75, but that's just me.
I have to put my hand up on this.
He was inspired by my hoard, he saw what was possible with some time and commitment.
It ignited a spark within his inner conscience.

We do not judge within the household of faith.
May The Force Be with Him.
i half expected the computer case and chair to be made of the husks of broken starwars toys then only storm-trooper floorboards and at-at desk then it'd be completely starwars and to enter the room requires a starwars costume lol.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
dparkparknz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dparkparknz »

kyloren wrote:dpark, may I ask what inspired this sudden compulsive collecting?

Have you never collected SW stuff previously?

Me, I was a kid when the original film came out and my parents bought me all the original figures. I subsequently lost/broke/melted/burnt/destroyed/gave them all away (like the majority of kids at the time... who kept them immaculately mint in box??).

When TPM came out, I picked up a few figures based on nostalgia, then started collecting other figures here and there. I didn't fully start collecting an entire run until TFA. But that was, you know, 15 years later.

Personally, I'm solely 3.75, but that's just me.
I was always a star wars fan but more so for the prequels because I was 12 when TPM came out so I was at the age range that it was targeted too. I found that star wars items were far more expensive than most other collectibles though and so I never collected them back then. Now that I'm older and actually have a job when i went and saw the force awakens it ignited that star wars flame and now I can finally afford to give collecting a real go and that's how it started. I have always collected other things in the past (movie costumes, horror movie figurines) but now iv moved onto star wars. The biggest turn around for me was seeing Allan from Wellingtons collection, it filled an entire shed and it just kept going and so I thought that I could do that too. It also helps that my two nephews LOVE star wars and they get excited when I get something new as much as I do.
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by kyloren »

Cool, dpark. Good to know. ;)
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader
Greyz
Ensign
Ensign

Re: My Collection WEEK 8

Post by Greyz »

dparkparknz wrote:Well I am now 8 weeks into collecting Star Wars toys.
I have found that the best part of collecting is the many great people, I have to shout out to Edward26 who I have brought quiet a few items off, his collection is amazing and he has been really great at helping me to expand my collection.

......and no KyloRen I don't have OCD ;p

wow still going strong! good on ya, Rogue One up next bro!
Kiwi sapper
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kiwi sapper »

Great collection I have been following this since the first post

I had tried to only collect Sandtroopers when I got back in to collecting :?

then it was lets get a few cantina people :)

can't forget Darth Vader ;)

then always loved Carrie :D

Rebels, never had Lego before

before you know it you are just out of control. :lol:
Join the Empire they said, See the Galaxy they said, yet here we are stuck on Tatooine
dparkparknz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by dparkparknz »

Kiwi sapper wrote:Great collection I have been following this since the first post

I had tried to only collect Sandtroopers when I got back in to collecting :?

then it was lets get a few cantina people :)

can't forget Darth Vader ;)

then always loved Carrie :D

Rebels, never had Lego before

before you know it you are just out of control. :lol:
Haha I was the same, I thought "Oh I might just get the 3.75 figurines, then I saw the giant ones and liked those, then it just went crazy lol
dparkparknz
Ensign
Ensign

Re: My Collection, WEEK 10

Post by dparkparknz »

Ok so Im at week 10 of my star wars collecting. It's gone crazy. I purchased someones entire collection and it's still in about 30 boxes until I sort a larger space to display everything. I have a lot coming from Ebay too. NOt shown is the fact that I have multiples of other vehicles etc behind the ones pictured. Yeah it's really gone crazy now
Attachments
Star Wars Collection Week 10.jpg
Star Wars Collection Week 10.jpg (622.55 KiB) Viewed 7868 times
Greyz
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Greyz »

mate that is friggin amazing! :)
kyloren
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: My Collection, WEEK 10

Post by kyloren »

dparkparknz wrote:Ok so Im at week 10 of my star wars collecting. It's gone crazy. I purchased someones entire collection and it's still in about 30 boxes until I sort a larger space to display everything. I have a lot coming from Ebay too. NOt shown is the fact that I have multiples of other vehicles etc behind the ones pictured. Yeah it's really gone crazy now
Don't worry, dpark, there's help available. First step is SWA, Star Wars Anonymous.

It's like Alcoholics Anonymous, except for Star Wars memorabilia. Remember what they say: "One day at a time..."
Having a cold brew with Lord Vader