Just start collecting Star War action figures

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
DJcrazyNZ
Cadet
Cadet

Just start collecting Star War action figures

Post by DJcrazyNZ »

I have just start collecting Star War action figures as I did not get a lot of them when I was a kid, I am working on getting Clone figure and Star Wars Rebels first but what with no female figures here in NZ, I have asperger's syndrome and I like collect when I can but whats with the very high prices eg trademe or ebay I am on a very low income I buy what I can.

Is there some one who knows where to get Star Wars Rebels in Christchurch thanks :)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Just start collecting Star War action figures

Post by Reverend Strone »

Welcome to the madness! :D

Rebels figures have been tricky to find in the past, but there seem to be a few around at present. I pick up some of my figures from Farmers and the Warehouse, usually when they have sales to help those limited funds go further. Picking up past figures that are no longer in distribution (like Clone Wars toys, or those figures that don't make it to retail in NZ - Sabine, Hera, etc) gets harder and that's where sometimes you can end up spending some change. Buying single figures on the secondary market usually means paying more, especially when you factor in shipping, but keep an eye out for people selling lots as usually you can get some bargains that way and minimise how much you pay for postage per unit.

I can't help you with recommendations for Christchurch as I'm in Wellington, but I wish you luck. Keep an eye on the trade board here for folks selling off chunks of their collection. You might snap up some of those figures you're waiting for.

Much of my collecting I do from overseas. I buy stuff from the US and ship it over, which can be expensive, particularly when the exchange rate is so sucky, like now, but sometimes it's still worth it. I weigh my options and try to find the cheapest course. Amazon has the exclusive AT-DP that never came to NZ at a great price right now, for example, though shipping is problematic. I usually ask US based friends to send stuff to me in lots, or sometimes I am able to take advantage of colleagues traveling, who have generously agreed to mule plastic back for me in their luggage. ;) Nonetheless, it can be an expensive hobby! It pays to be creative, stay informed about what's out and where, and compare prices constantly!

Good luck and I hope you enjoy yourself. :)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Welcome to the Star Wars hobby (and the SWNZ Boards) DJ! You've taken your first step into a larger world :)
DJcrazyNZ wrote:Is there some one who knows where to get Star Wars Rebels in Christchurch thanks :)
I'm based in Wellington too, but the Darth Vader / Ahsoka and Zeb / Chopper two-packs seem to be really well-stocked at most branches of Farmers right now (as well as showing up at a few K-Mart, Toyworld, and Warehouse stores too). Hopefully you'll find them down in Christchurch too!
Attachments
Rebels Figures.jpg
Rebels Figures.jpg (919.4 KiB) Viewed 5983 times
DJcrazyNZ
Cadet
Cadet

Post by DJcrazyNZ »

got the one with Darth Vader and Ahsoka Tano just need that other one in the photo hope to have in two weeks if I can still find one
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

As a fellow clone wars collector they are very hard to track down if you want all the figures now.
with single carded figures (two i can off the top of my head) cost over $80 Ahsoka cw44 and Darth Sidious (on trade me for $150 atm)

Even in New Zealand we aren't getting all the Rebels vehicles it'll be very hard to get everything without going to ebay, but our dollar is still so bad it isn't worth spending outside of NZ.
If you'd like a couple of seller links to places where clone wars figures pop up at decent prices send me a pm and i'll let you know.
I saw a second Plo koon (from his speeder pack in, without the speeder) but its the only figure he had with knees, much like how Count Dooku only has a figure with bending knees and a cloth cloak with his speeder.

But there aren't many figures out there anymore i jump on doubles in most cases. ^_^
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)