Could i bother a 6 inch black series collector.

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Could i bother a 6 inch black series collector.

Post by Dawfydd »

I recently brought a black series darth vader off ebay but i'm 99% sure its a reproduction/knock off version of him, his shoulder armour is rubbery along with other pieces of the figure and his cape doesn't have squares on the ends as i've seen in a review video, but it could be a different version or variant i suppose.

It'd be really helpful if somebody could take some pictures of their vader so i could compare, i notice him maul and stormtroopers are often the most common knock off's on ebay. (and thank god, the 4 inch series doesn't seem to be having a similar issue)
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Re: Could i bother a 6 inch black series collector.

Post by Dawfydd »

It could also help to have detailed pictures in the forum to give reference to avoid these knock offs. ^_^
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Edward26
Commander
Commander

Post by Edward26 »

Hi Mate, look at it's feet. If it doesn't say Hasbro, it is a bootleg. I know this because I bought one as well.
Also the Packaing is a giveaway, if you inspect the barcode, it will say otherwise. You will see that it is not authentic.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
The Force shall free me.
DRAW2
Ensign
Ensign

Post by DRAW2 »

Yeah...I got a Vader with 1 shoulder swivel stuck...I suspect glued, and 1 thigh swivel is also stuck...potentially glued.

Other than that...he looks amazing! And his paint apps look pretty damn good too!
Even the box looks almost pretty perfect...except for his barcode having Han Solo written on it..haha.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Thanks, good spot on the barcode i had overlooked it.
I got a boba fett a couple of months before but i was fairly happy with it at the time upon inspection now it seems like a repro, but it seems like it was a decent job (that time at least) my only issue at the time being a lack of pose-able arms (as on the 4 inch figure) so he couldn't pose his gun in any way other than barely at ease as seen in empire/jedi (when he was just waiting around) or at his side.

Very glad it hasn't found its way into the 4 inchers which have much higher costing figures in them, might only be a matter of time?
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)