Houston, we have a (toy shortage) problem...

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Houston, we have a (toy shortage) problem...

Post by Archon Revuge »

Finally, I checked out Target - a store which had clearly borne the full brunt of the Star Wars frenzy. Stock levels were at their lowest here, but the store was decorated with some great promotional material (including a full-size BB-8 that I would have loved to add to my collection).
Attachments
Target 4.JPG
Target 4.JPG (2.32 MiB) Viewed 5595 times
Target 5.JPG
Target 5.JPG (1.12 MiB) Viewed 5595 times
Target 6.JPG
Target 6.JPG (1.18 MiB) Viewed 5595 times
Target 7.JPG
Target 7.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 5595 times
Target 8.JPG
Target 8.JPG (1.9 MiB) Viewed 5595 times
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Attachments
Target 9.JPG
Target 9.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 5594 times
Target 10.JPG
Target 10.JPG (2.35 MiB) Viewed 5594 times
Target 11.JPG
Target 11.JPG (2.11 MiB) Viewed 5594 times
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Honourable mention also goes to Kroger Supermarket. While they didn't have any Hasbro products in stock, they were displaying some very cool party items - including giant inflatable Chewbaccas, R2-D2s, and Stormtroopers!
Attachments
Kroger.JPG
Kroger.JPG (2.14 MiB) Viewed 5592 times
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Holy smokes. That's impressive, especially the Disney Store. It's on a whole different scale to what we get here, isn't it? Did I spot a Phasma costume in there? There's a tonne of stuff I had no idea even existed. The Disney die-cast vehicles look very nice. And that life-size BB-8 .... drool. I expect stores with those point of sale pieces will be flooded by requests from fans.

Thanks for sharing these, Dan! I can't wait to see my kids' heads explode when I take them to California next month and they see all this stuff for themselves. :D They have been saving their pocket money ...
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Did I spot a Phasma costume in there?
You did! The mask that comes with that costume is pretty standard, so you could always swap it out for the much nicer voice-changing helmet in the earlier pic. I spent a good few minutes fawning over that particular item. For a kids' roleplay toy, it's stunningly well-sculpted.
Reverend Strone wrote:I can't wait to see my kids' heads explode when I take them to California next month and they see all this stuff for themselves. :D They have been saving their pocket money...
That's going to be such an awesome experience for you and the family. Can't wait to see photos of your haul upon your return!