Star Wars Hot Wheels

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars Hot Wheels

Post by Archon Revuge »

stylie_steve wrote:From memory they had The Ghost, The Falcon, Slave 1, Y-Wing and I think Snowspeeder (the first four for sure though) but at $14.99 I thought these were a bit too expensive for what they are $9.99 I may have jumped on them but at that price, pass.
Dang. That is a bit pricier than I'd hoped.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Archon Revuge wrote:Dang. That is a bit pricier than I'd hoped.
Our local Farmers branch has the die-cast vehicles in decent numbers...at the moment they are running a 'buy one get one half price' promotion.
Attachments
hw1.jpg
hw1.jpg (321.07 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
hw2.jpg
hw2.jpg (375.36 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
hw3.jpg
hw3.jpg (355.52 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
hw4.jpg
hw4.jpg (363.4 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
hw5.jpg
hw5.jpg (368.45 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
hw6.jpg
hw6.jpg (313.64 KiB) Viewed 8213 times
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Nice. That deal makes them a much better price.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

They are still looking very flat paint wise compared to titanium (as mentioned)
they are a similar size?
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

They seem to be the same-ish size as Titaniums. The HW Snowspeeder is the smallest and closest to the Titanium scale...the HW Falcon and Y-wing, IIRC, looked a shade larger overall (but that's without doing a direct side-by-side comparison). The Falcon and Y-wing are the two that I like the most from that set, in terms of sculpt.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

i think they're missing a few too many fine details that make both craft old scifi tech, the ghost would be the only one i'd pick up but i think it could've used darker paint in places, and the slave one looks alright, only the black is a touch too shiny for my taste luckily i have a diecast one about the size of action fleet though problematic to hang its enough of a fix.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Dawfydd wrote:i think they're missing a few too many fine details that make both craft old scifi tech, the ghost would be the only one i'd pick up but i think it could've used darker paint in places, and the slave one looks alright, only the black is a touch too shiny for my taste luckily i have a diecast one about the size of action fleet though problematic to hang its enough of a fix.
Yeah, I have to say I was disappointed by how simplified the sculpted detail was on the Ghost. If you're looking for a miniature of that ship at around this size, I would also check out Hasbro Command version. It may lack paint, but it has more sculpted relief. With a good custom paint job it could look pretty nice. This picture is an in hand image from the Rebelscum board, courtesy of poster Darth Duranium, and includes other Command SW minis and the USS Prometheus, a Micro Machines-sized Heroclix Star Trek miniature, for scale.

Something worth noting also is that Hasbro has a die-cast mini line in its Ep VII solicitations. It will be interesting to see how that differs or compares to Mattel's offerings.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Nice, and that is a good idea.
I think hasbro will be the better option as for paint jobs but we might end up losing out a little detail in places for it, as they move away from more complicated molds to go for better paint applications.

I think we are going to really see a loss in detail scaling back until it creates a problem, but luckily other companies are picking up the slack just sadly not in the same scale.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
stylie_steve
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by stylie_steve »

Found C-3PO and The Inquisitor Character cars at Lower Hutt Warehouse. Still a couple of each on the pegs, no Boba or Chopper but presume they probably had already sold.

Cool these are coming out so quickly! Should be seeing Kanan, Leia and Wicket in no time!
Vader73
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Vader73 »

just picked up chopper , inquisitor and c3po from my local warehouse

no boba fett yet but cant be far away as the picture of the car is advertised on the back of the 3 I just got.