Star Wars Hot Wheels

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Star Wars Hot Wheels

Post by Reverend Strone »

Star Wars Hot Wheels news and a first look ...

The type is pretty small in this scan, but the takeaway news seems to be ...

* 1:64 scale Character Car line will include character-themed original hot rod designs.
* Vader will be an SDCC exclusive in a special lightsaber tube packaging.
* Distinct mini ships line coming in 2015 with stands that also double and finger rings to fly ships around (so they sound small - I'm guessing Micromachines/Titaniumish sized).
* rail play sets also coming (does this mean the ships will sport wheels? I hope not).
* Both lines will be previewed at SDCC this July.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars Hot Wheels

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:* Distinct mini ships line coming in 2015 with stands that also double and finger rings to fly ships around (so they sound small - I'm guessing Micromachines/Titaniumish sized).
Brilliant news!
Reverend Strone wrote:* rail play sets also coming (does this mean the ships will sport wheels? I hope not).
Right with you there Strone.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool - I guess the "mini ships" line will be akin to the Star Trek versions they do: http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Hot_Wheels
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I've got a couple of Hot Wheels Star Trek ships which I picked up after spotting them by chance during a couple of visits to Kmart. They are quite nice looking and at the price of $3 quite cheap to buy ... the problem is finding them in amongst all the multitude of cars.

The Star Wars cars loks a bit silly to me. Maybe they'll look better in the "flesh", but I doubt I'll bother with them. (As a semi-side note, there are some Hot Wheels Angry Birds cars, although difficult to find now, so customisers might want to make Hot Wheels Angry Birds Star Wars cars. ;) )
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

From ComingSoon.net ...
Disney Parks Blog Readers Select First-Ever ‘Fan Choice' Star Wars-Themed Disney Racer
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Reverend Strone wrote: * Distinct mini ships line coming in 2015 with stands that also double and finger rings to fly ships around (so they sound small - I'm guessing Micromachines/Titaniumish sized).
A buddy of mine who was lucky enough to get an early look at this range has said that, as a Micromachines fan, I am likely to be excited by what they have planned. His words: "From what I've seen on Hot Wheels, about 1 assortment will make you squeal with glee." Can't wait to get a look at these later this month! Hopefully they'll alsobe doing some ships that haven't already seen release countless times over (X-Wings, TIEs, Falcon etc). I'm keen for some miniature newness. Maybe they'll delve into ships from Rebels?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:...I'm keen for some miniature newness. Maybe they'll delve into ships from Rebels?
Ditto. Not fussed on the caricature cars, but am definitely keen to see new ships and vehicles.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Me too. I like the MicroMachines and got a large proportion of them. These Hot Wheels ships might well be something I collect, assuming they aren't crazily priced. Of course the problem will no doubt be silly exclusives and short-packed ones, as usual.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Here's the just-revealed R2-D2 Hot Wheels car: http://www.sandtroopers.com/smf/index.php?topic=15639.0
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

It looks like C-3PO is a "pimped" VW Combi van.