Online price guides

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Online price guides

Post by MattG »

Does anyone use, or have a favourite, online resource for valuing Star Wars collectibles (especially older or exclusive stuff)?

Print publications risk going out of date quite fast, but even websites require a ton of work to keep up with all the available merchandise and changes in the collector market.

I often just resort to the "check recent closed eBay auctions" to get a feel for the price of something. Anybody else have good recommendations or thoughts?
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Online price guides

Post by reelcollectibles »

I used to use toytracker.net http://www.toytracker.net/weta/index.html a few years back when LOTR items were at their peak. Still check it from time to time for SW GG items etc, although the pricing is feeding off ebay sales, so not 100% accurate. Still pretty good though, not sure how up-to-date it is.

Edit: Just checked, still very much relevant with latest releases.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Not a price guide, but you can look up the prices that some of the web stores are selling second-hand figures for. The only one I know of that's still running is the American webstore Brian's Toys, but they do tend to be a bit over-priced there.

They will also buy stuff, although of course like anywhere else they'll pay you less than they will then re-sell them for. I have never bought from or sold to them, so I can not vouch for their quality of service / reliability.
Last edited by Buzz Bumble on Sat May 15, 2010 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Thanks; useful info.