Force FX Lightsaber feedback wanted

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Force FX Lightsaber feedback wanted

Post by reelcollectibles »

Hi everyone, am fishing for a favour, I'd like your valuable and learned opinions :)
As some of you may have noticed, we will shortly be getting the new Hasbro Force FX lightsabers into NZ. The old MR versions were very popular and had a RRP of about $300. Due to the lengths I've had to go to to get the Hasbro ones in, they'll retail at $329.

Now for the feedback bit. As you may also be aware, Hasbro are soon to release a couple of new versions of the Force FX with removable blades. If I had $1 for every time a customer asked me if the MR FX blades were removable...
My question for you clever people is: If you were intending on purchasing an FX saber, and could choose between a non-removable blade at $329, or a removable blade version at approx $400, is the extra cost worth it?
Please post back with a yay or nay and reasons for your decision, thanks in advance! :)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Force FX Lightsaber feedback wanted

Post by Anaria »

From a costuming perspective, being able to buy one lightsaber that can be used both for posing and worn on the belt, the extra cost is worth it :) I would love an FX for local cons, but the hassle of fitting it in luggage means I wouldn't be able to take it overseas - so having the option of taking the blade off and having the hilt is brilliant!

From a collectors point of view, I know some people have found that the older FX blades can 'sag' when displayed on horizontal stands over time, so perhaps being able to remove them is a selling point for collectors too. The high end MR hilts looked fantastic displayed in glass cases - nicer and more space efficient that the whole hilt and blade.
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Anaria wrote:From a costuming perspective, being able to buy one lightsaber that can be used both for posing and worn on the belt, the extra cost is worth it :) I would love an FX for local cons, but the hassle of fitting it in luggage means I wouldn't be able to take it overseas - so having the option of taking the blade off and having the hilt is brilliant!

From a collectors point of view, I know some people have found that the older FX blades can 'sag' when displayed on horizontal stands over time, so perhaps being able to remove them is a selling point for collectors too. The high end MR hilts looked fantastic displayed in glass cases - nicer and more space efficient that the whole hilt and blade.
Great feedback Kristy, thanks :)
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

Hi there Hugh,

Ive got the MR Mace Windu and I gotta say its just awesome.Its been on its stand for well over 2-3 years and shows no sign of sagging although it has been a major concern so Id appreciate the removeable blade for display purposes;and putting it in a case would make it a very versatile display piece.

Question though;will the removable blade version have a similar sized hilt to the MR version or is it scaled a bit smaller to suit costumers as that would be a huge selling point to me.

I would go for the removable blade version just for the display options and $400 seems reasonable for me to do that.

Cheers

Hads
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE
r2d2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by r2d2 »

Hi Hugh,
I also have had many MR FX lightsabers over the years, and still currently have four mounted on my wall, without any sign of sagging blades. As I don’t use my sabers for costuming, I am happy to keep on purchasing non removable blade type sabers for the price of $330, as difference of $70 wouldn’t justify it for me! I can easy see why paying the extra for a removable blade type sabers would be great if I used them for costuming, etc. I am excited that they are going to be produced again as I kick myself for missing out on a Mace Windu saber a couple of years back, won’t make that mistake again!
:2cents:
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Thanks Guys. Have reported back with the feedback and it looks like we should be able to offer the new removable blade models when they are released :)
denodan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by denodan »

I am new to this Forum, since I am getting an Anakin Skywalker Costume and want to dress as Anakin, the removable blade version is a must have.
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

Just pre-ordered the Darth Vader Force FX Lightsaber with Removable Blade from Brians Toys
http://www.brianstoys.com/store/custom.aspx?id=73

Total cost $293.834 NZD

Should arrive around August and will make an awesome addition to my ROTS Vader Mannequin.