The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The Micro Machines Appreciation Thread

Post by MattG »

Your ST display looks great. I can fully relate to the notion of getting one representation of each vessel. It's quite an addictive scale.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

MattG wrote:Your ST display looks great. I can fully relate to the notion of getting one representation of each vessel. It's quite an addictive scale.
It certainly is. Of course, I wish I could replicate this on the Eaglemoss scale because that range promises to be truly comprehensive and those models take the details too a whole new level of exquisite for not a lot more money per unit, but I think that would endanger my marriage ;) and I just don't have the space.
Archon Revuge wrote:Amazing work Strone.

I'm currently looking at my new TFA MMs and resenting the lack of old-school stands - but seeing the fantastic displays both you and Matt have put together really inspires me to think more creatively about display options.
Thanks, buddy. It was in fact Matt and Kristy's creative MM display that inspired me to make this. I never liked the MM stands because sometimes they didn't balance well or fit ideally, plus they tend to yellow a bit over time. When I saw what M & K had done it was like someone flicked on a light switch in my head and my mind was racing with display ideas. It also meant mixing brands wasn't a problem because I didn't have to be concerned about stand consistency. A piece of wood, a small drill and a few lengths of plastic pipe later and you have a great display, plus you can set the height to whatever you want. :cool:
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Checkout this epic TFA MM set that just appeared on the ebay ...

Micro Machines Epic Battles Set

Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

Tie phantom is surprising though i cant say i'm a fan of those mirco's.
But they look really good, all together.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Yeah, that EU TIE Phantom comes way out of left field. I can skip pretty much everything in here, myself, as I have all the ships from the set that might have otherwise interested me and the mini figs aren't my thing, but it's cool to see them doing big sets like this. Instant collection in one purchase!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Reverend Strone wrote:Yeah, that EU TIE Phantom comes way out of left field. I can skip pretty much everything in here, myself, as I have all the ships from the set that might have otherwise interested me and the mini figs aren't my thing, but it's cool to see them doing big sets like this. Instant collection in one purchase!
Your position reflects my own - but that TIE Phantom is mighty interesting. Perhaps its an old sculpt that didn't quite make it to release before the line was canned? I'd be surprised if they were working on new sculpts for old Legends vehicles.

Either way, I wonder if we can expect more surprises like this? Exciting!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

I'm guessing that some of the vehicles and figures in this set must be part of the wave 2 three and five ship packs, though they may choose to keep a few exclusive to this set. That TIE Phantom is such a head-scratcher, though.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

seeing some decent (and some not so) auctions for action fleet lately, 5 of my 12 goal of x-wings down.. though the role call is a little confusing.
Red 5, Red 3, Red 5, Red 6, Red 5 lol.
The bandai x-wing is just a tiny bit bigger than the action fleet but its stickers/water transfers are not 100% accurate to lukes x-wing, but is suppose to be, (rings around the engines are blue rather than red, and the model is super white)

I am kind of wanting for a Red 2 if somebody comes by a complete (minifigs missing would be alright) one keep me in mind. (its the damaged one, packed in with the yavin base)
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

It seems that Star Wars Micro Machines got a bit of a short shrift with coverage at Toy Fair 2016. While there weren't any hugely exciting announcements, it does look like two new The Force Awakens deluxe packs are in the works. They include a number of repacks, but also three new vehicles - the quad jumper, the Resistance troop transport, and the downed Star Destroyer from Jakku.

Once we've got these, I'm pretty sure it's just the Eravana (and maybe Starkiller Base) that we're missing from TFA in this scale?
Last edited by Archon Revuge on Fri Feb 19, 2016 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

That Kylo Ren storage case is also really cool.