Personal Collections

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Personal Collections

Post by reelcollectibles »

Reverend Strone wrote:Haha! Hugh that post is littered with blame! And I'll ladly accept my share. :D I have a full set of the Weta 1/4 scale LOTR helms too and push almost weekly for us to do more. One day I'm sure it'll happen. There are a few I still want to see made...

I can't quite afford the space or cash for a head collection myself or I'd be doing that too, so for now it's a miniature head collection. ;)

Share some pics if you can Hugh. I'd love to see your displayed collection.
Unfortunately a pic of the majority would just be a picture of a whole lotta stuff crammed in a cupboard, but I have got one cabinet at home that may make a good shot.... stay tuned.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Reverend Strone wrote:[

Yeah, I had the first five Titaniums they released and then realised this could go on forever and quit out before it got nuts. I thought they were great but decided I needed to stay focussed. I was sad to hear the line was canceled this year. They were doing some great work which I was happy tyo admire on my toy runs even if I didn't buy them.
I too started off down the Titanium path when the line started. However I got up to about 60 before pulling the plug and selling them off :blink:
I do still have the original 1997 set (pre 'titanium') when they were micro machines die cast. Apart from a Burger king Millenium Falcon, the die cast X-Wing and Tie fighter were my first Star Wars collectibles.

I'm mostly a Hasbro collector. I do really like the 7" Unleashed figures and still have a few of those on my wish list.
My collection has changed/ is changing all the time and was probably at it's peak about 3 years ago, but other projects have meant a slimming of the collection and more slimming to come.

In fact I've just started the latest reincarnation/ rejig/ cull of my collection with clearing my shelves off. I'll slowly set it all back up as I have time and will no doubt leave some items out to flick off.
I think my collection gets more defined and focussed each time I sort it out so I don't regret the fact that it's becoming a shadow of it's former self bit by bit...........I have a lifesize R2D2 to make me feel better if regret kicks in :victory:

Here's the current state of my man cave. Pic 1 the empty shelves that used to and will again house my collection (check out 2 years of dust that's accumulated!!!!!!)
Pic 2 is some of what I'm just starting to sort through. Good times :D
DSC07699.JPG
DSC07693.JPG
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

That's a scary big chore! I hope you don't get rid of too much...I really like your army-builder displays.
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

MattG wrote:That's a scary big chore! I hope you don't get rid of too much...I really like your army-builder displays.
The troopers are pretty much all still there. A few will probably go to other homes during this latest change but the majority will stay at this stage.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Wow, what a big task! Look forward to see how your new arrangement works out :)

Someday we'll have to take everything out of our display room - at the moment figures are just being put on the floor, we've run out of room on the shelves. Really need to take everything out and re-organise, but it's just so much work!
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

HanSagan
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by HanSagan »

Officially jealous of your man-cave. I have a man-corner at best.
http://www.angels2200.com

New Zealand's most successful webcomic!
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Yeah, this dude and his man-cupboard agrees.
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

Reverend Strone wrote:Yeah, this dude and his man-cupboard agrees.
Ditto
Bazzack
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Bazzack »

Ahhh, that's better. That really was a big task. :blink:
I finally cracked open my big Millenium Falcon. What a monster!! I've left a space for the big ATAT (hopefully big enough) and apart from that and some Jedi council pieces that i need to hunt down I'm pretty happy.
Shelves full again.JPG
Neova
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Neova »

What a beautiful sight indeed!

Will