Personal Collections

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
acerimmerrocks
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Personal Collections

Post by acerimmerrocks »

I mainly collect the 3 3/4 Hasbro figures, titaniums, Decipher SW:CCG and the Dark Horse comics. I also collect some none sw toys mainly Transformers and Iron Man. Heres a pic of my Star wars Display at the Southern Modelers and Model club show last year.

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

acerimmerrocks wrote:...Heres a pic of my Star wars Display at the Southern Modelers and Model club show last year....
Very nice.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

It's really resfreshing to see a collection laid out like that with loads of breathing room. Isn't it amazing how much space these little figures really take up when you lay 'em out like that? So often we all have to cram our figures shoulder to shoulder on account of how little space we can each afford to devote to our collection displays. It may have only been for a few days but it must still have been nice to get them all out on display like that. Great stuff Ace. :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Apart from books and games, most of my collection is in cardboard boxes stacked in a double cupboard in the spare bedroom / computer room ... or I should say FILLING the cupboard, there's very little room left in there. :)
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

I myself is mainly a hasbro man also, and have managed to convert the spare room into a "man cave"

have set up a few display shelves, really need to take some picture and really need to start doing some backgorund art for them, but unfortunately art is not my strong suit

have had a real bent for the last little while on clones and imperials, maybe because they are my 2 biggest displays

but also collect 3 3/4" gi joe and with the new stuff coming out there it has been grabbing some of the collectors dollars lately.

will get some photos up soon
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

farmboynz wrote:...have set up a few display shelves, really need to take some picture and really need to start doing some backgorund art for them, but unfortunately art is not my strong suit...
You could always resort to printing backgrounds out. Here are some based on (or scanned from) figure packaging:
http://www.erikstormtrooper.com/backgrnd.htm

And, these ones are for use with the Ultarama display shelves, but would obviously work by themselves:
http://www.rebelscum.com/ultaback.asp
farmboynz
Colonel
Colonel

Post by farmboynz »

Thanks Matt, there are some in there that are going to be very handy
bring on rogue one, episode 8 and what ever else they have in stall for us :D
reelcollectibles
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by reelcollectibles »

MattG wrote:My rules aren't too hard and fast, and change on a whim when a cool collectible grabs my attention...
Once again, I have a similar collecting protocol :lol:
Whilst I never collected too much as a kid (although somewhere in my parents house is a '77 R2D2 and I'm going to turn their house upside down for next time I get up there), I got into collecting a few items when Phantom Menace was released. Mainly 12" figures and a few vehicles, stuff I thought was cool and I guess stuff I wished I could have afforded as a kid, and now being an adult (kinda) I could buy if I wanted to.

Then came LOTR and the Weta helms (and other selected coolness) which after 2 years collecting and retailing in another store led me to opening Reel Collectibles (It's all your fault Daniel!).

Now, things are a little tougher. I see so many cool products being released and coming into our shop that it's very hard not to pick up something off the incoming shipments and take it home :lol:
We started off a bit nuts (finances soon took care of that), and have collected a lot of Acme artwork (mainly Character Keys - can probably blame Kristy for those), Gentle Giant busts and animaquettes, selected Kotobukiya statues and quite a few of the MR mini sabers.

In the non-SW selection, we have a few 7" figures of NBX, Corpse Bride and a couple of others, mainly stemming for my passion of stop-motion animation, and the line of Weta Muppets busts.

These days I'm being a lot more selective, and have narrowed my criteria to Stormtrooper and Clonetrooper products that I like and can afford, although even then if something cool comes along...

I'm also trying to build up a collection of full scale SW helmets (Matt's influence - I'm such a sheep) which is getting there.

Sadly, most of our collection is in cupboards or boxes as we're still renting and don't have much space to get things out, but a few items have crept into the lounge :)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

reelcollectibles wrote:...although somewhere in my parents house is a '77 R2D2 and I'm going to turn their house upside down for next time I get up there...
Nothing like having the actual collectibles from your childhood, 30+ years ago.
reelcollectibles wrote:...I'm also trying to build up a collection of full scale SW helmets (Matt's influence - I'm such a sheep) which is getting there...
Ya know, I never used to think I'd get in to collecting "heads" - but, it's a strangely addictive collecting focus.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Haha! Hugh that post is littered with blame! And I'll ladly accept my share. :D I have a full set of the Weta 1/4 scale LOTR helms too and push almost weekly for us to do more. One day I'm sure it'll happen. There are a few I still want to see made...

I can't quite afford the space or cash for a head collection myself or I'd be doing that too, so for now it's a miniature head collection. ;)

Share some pics if you can Hugh. I'd love to see your displayed collection.