Personal Collections

Star Wars action figures, models, statues, stickers, cards, promotional items, and other collectibles.
goldie8888
Ensign
Ensign

Personal Collections

Post by goldie8888 »

Just having joined the site I am wondering what everyone collects.Do you collect everything Stars Wars or characters or a particular
film. :lol: :D
goldie8888
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Personal Collections

Post by MattG »

My rules aren't too hard and fast, and change on a whim when a cool collectible grabs my attention, but I definitely go for vintage and NZ-exclusive stuff, OT over PT, and I do focus on a few favourite characters to a minor extent (strangely, secondary robot characters like IG-88, 2-1B and R5-D4).
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

MattG wrote:My rules aren't too hard and fast, and change on a whim when a cool collectible grabs my attention...
The same goes for me, though I must confess a soft spot for bounty hunter and Imperial infantry items in particular.
Monkey
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Monkey »

I used to collect allsorts, then I cut my focus back to strictly vintage...... stopped for a while when I just ran out of things I wanted to buy.

Now I am back into it and just buying the things that really grab my attention. :)
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

I started out by collecting everything, but over the years, I've sort of 'refined' my collecting to a few main areas -

Gentle Giant - animated maquettes, and mini-busts (my registry)

Art prints - from the Celebration conventions, and limited editions from Acme Art

Princess Leia and Padme Amidala - this is my main focus, the 'Women of Star Wars' :)

But I also collect bits and pieces that stand out, or of characters that I have costumed as :) It can be hard to only collect to certain guidelines!
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

I like to think I'm strictly a Hasbro guy, but I have made exceptions (given in to impluse and temptation). For the most part though, I stick to Hasbro. I have been collecting since the modern line started again over a decade ago and buy figures for diorama display. I've built a number of dioramas when I had more spare time than I do now, but space issues have consigned them all to storage and slow decay until we can build my much dreamt of geek room. That's looking like it will finally happen this year - yay! So when it does the figures and dios are all coming out of storage to be displayed properly and then I'll habve no excuse for not fulfilling my plans to build many more.

Given I buy for dioramas, I'm not a completist. I buy figures along certain themes and scenes that I plan to display so there are plenty that I really like but have passed on due to not having a dio in mind to house them. Within my selected themes I'm a hard out "must have 'em all" guy though, so I guess that makes me a subcompletist.

My daughter has also recently joined me in collecting, giving me an excuse to buy some other figures, namely Clone Wars figures and Galactic Heroes, but so far we only have a few of these as her tastes are quite particular - mostly just female characters.

My few dalliances outside of Hasbro include the micromachine starship miniatures of the 90s, the more recent Wizards of the Coast starship and figure miniatures, SW art books and I have a couple of Sideshow pieces: 1:1 Salacious Crumb and 1/6th scale Jabba on Dais with accessories.

I'm trying as best I can to stick to just a few things and do them well, but it's tough to be good sometimes. ;)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Reverend Strone wrote:... I've built a number of dioramas when I had more spare time than I do now, but space issues have consigned them all to storage...
Your dioramas...have you got pics? Show them off, you must! (please :) )
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

My few dalliances outside of Hasbro include the micromachine starship miniatures of the 90s
Hasbro took over those, so it's not outside any longer. :) Hasbro renamed them "Titanium" and then went a bit overboard (as usual) producing not just vehicles, but also repaints, larger figures, and stuff from other franchises like Transformers, Spider Man, and Indiana Jones.

They are about the only toys I kept buying, although I stopped those for a while too. There haven't been any new ones for a while. I think the last lot where abround the time of the new Indiana Jones movie when shops yet again went over the top and got burnt with excess stock levels.
Reverend Strone
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Reverend Strone »

Buzz Bumble wrote:
My few dalliances outside of Hasbro include the micromachine starship miniatures of the 90s
Hasbro took over those, so it's not outside any longer. :) Hasbro renamed them "Titanium" and then went a bit overboard (as usual) producing not just vehicles, but also repaints, larger figures, and stuff from other franchises like Transformers, Spider Man, and Indiana Jones.

They are about the only toys I kept buying, although I stopped those for a while too. There haven't been any new ones for a while. I think the last lot where abround the time of the new Indiana Jones movie when shops yet again went over the top and got burnt with excess stock levels.
Yeah, I had the first five Titaniums they released and then realised this could go on forever and quit out before it got nuts. I thought they were great but decided I needed to stay focussed. I was sad to hear the line was canceled this year. They were doing some great work which I was happy tyo admire on my toy runs even if I didn't buy them.
MattG wrote: Your dioramas...have you got pics? Show them off, you must! (please :) )
Thanks Matt. Sadly, my older dios are all stored under the house now and have become homes to spiders and monstrous dust bears, but I'll be dusting them off and salvaging what I can from them when we build our geek room later this year (all going well). I almost hesitate to look at what condition they're in. Once upon a time they were Tatooine street scenes.

I have another small one currently in progress and close to completion (Watto's junk shop), but it's slow going as I don't get much spare time to work on it nowadays. As soon as it's done I'll absolutely share pictures.
goldie8888
Ensign
Ensign

Post by goldie8888 »

My personal favs are Darth Maul,Darth Vadar and any Women of Stars Wars. :D :victory: :lol: :p