The next Star Wars comic series, "Star Wars".

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

The next Star Wars comic series, "Star Wars".

Post by MattG »

Not before time, Dark Horse has decided that its next SW comic series will put the focus "back on the core characters of the Original Trilogy", under the simple title, "Star Wars".

From Randy Stradley, Dark Horse editor:
As for how this series is "different" from past entries in this time period, I guess the answer would be that we're trying very had to keep everything fresh — as if Episode IV had just come out in theaters. This is the Star Wars series for everyone who has loved the films, but has never delved into any of the comics or novels. There is no vast continuity that a reader needs to know beyond the events in A New Hope. This is the beginning of the adventures of Luke, Leia, Han, and Chewie
http://io9.com/5924736/a-first-look-at- ... -alex-ross
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: The next Star Wars comic series, "Star Wars".

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Ahh, so they're basically lazily copying ideas from the past, just like most of everyone else in the entertainment industry these days. There were tons of comics that came out after "Star Wars" was first released - including the pages distributed in the NZ Women's Weekly and the UK annuals.

Although the reader may not have to worry about continuity (at least to start with), the writers obviously will ... they can't, to use a silly example, kill off Leia before the events of Episode V take place.

At least they aren't going to be stupid "reboots" that bare little resemblance to real Star Wars.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The next Star Wars comic series, "Star Wars".

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble wrote:Ahh, so they're basically lazily copying ideas from the past...
I took away something a little more optimistic from that article. :) Will pass final judgement upon reading it, but I do look forward to the prospect of material in between the OT movies.