'Darth Vader & Son'

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

'Darth Vader & Son'

Post by MattG »

Some of you might be be familiar with the recently released cartoon book 'Darth Vader and Son'. I'd seen some pics online for a while, but only recently got hold of a copy...it's very cute, and seems to be very well received amongst fans online, but having it in hand, it's actually more substantial (64 pages) and entertaining than anticipated. I've received permission to use some images in a preview article on SWNZ, which I'll publish shortly, but thought I'd post them here first. :)

The book is available in NZ for $24.99, through the distributor's website: http://www.bookreps.co.nz/order-books-o ... tPCMID=872
What if Darth Vader actively raised his son? What if "I am your father" was just a stern admonishment from an annoyed dad? In this hilarious and sweet comic reimagining, Darth Vader is a dad like any other - except with all the baggage of being the Dark Lord of the Sith. Celebrated artist Jeffrey Brown's delightful illustrations give classic Star Wars moments a fresh twist, showing that the trials and joys of parenting are universal, even in a galaxy far, far away. Life lessons include lightsaber battling practice, using the Force to raid a cookie jar, Take Your Child to Work Day on the Death Star, and the special bonding moments shared between any father and son.
Attachments
DVAS01.jpg
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 'Darth Vader & Son'

Post by MattG »

These are some of my fave page/cartoons:
Attachments
(C) 2012 Lucasfilm Ltd (Used With Permission)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Looks like a nice book, if a bit expensive.

It reminds me of these two sort-of similar bits ...
Missing Scene from "Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back"

A furious lightsaber duel is underway. Darth Vader is backing Luke Skywalker towards the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader, chops off Luke's hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft. Luke backs away. He looks around, but realises there's nowhere to go, but straight down.

Darth Vader: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.

Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!

Darth Vader: No, Luke ... I am your father!

Luke: No. It can't be. That's not true. That's impossible!

Darth Vader: Search your feelings Luke ... you know them to be true.

Luke: NOOoooo!

Darth Vader: Yes, it is true ... and you know what else? You know that brass droid of yours?

Luke: Threepio?

Darth Vader: Yes ... Threepio ... I built him ... when I was 7 years old.

Luke: No! ... Wait, huh?

Darth Vader: Seven years old. And what have you done? Look at yourself. No hand. No job. And you couldn't even levitate your own ship out of the swamp ...

Luke: But ... I destroyed your precious Death Star!

Darth Vader: But that was when you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed an entire Trade Federation Droid Control ship!

Luke: Well, it's not my fault ...

Darth Vader: Oh, here we go ... "Poor me ... my father never gave me what I wanted for my birthday ... boo hoo, my daddy's a Dark Lord of the Sith ... Nobody loved me ... waahhh wahhh!"

Luke: Shut up!

Darth Vader: You're a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had already exterminated the Jedi knights!

Luke: I used to race my T-16 through Beggar's Canyon.

Darth Vader: Oh, for the love of the Emperor ... 10 years old, winner of the Boonta Eve Open ... the only human to ever fly a Pod Racer ... right here baby!

Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step towards it.

Darth Vader: I was wrong ... You're not my kid ... I don't know whose you are, but you sure ain't mine.

Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft.

Darth Vader looks down after him.

Darth Vader: And get a haircut!

MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Jeffery Brown has two more books (as well as wall calnedars, journals, etc.)...

The hilarious sequel to the international bestseller Darth Vader and Son, following the parenting adventures of Darth Vader as he raises his teenage daughter, Princess Leia.

Roan's dream is to leave home and attend Pilot School. But just as Roan is mysteriously denied entrance to Pilot School, he is invited to attend Jedi Academy - a school that he didn't apply to and only recruits children when they are just a few years old. That is, until now ... In Roan's first year at Jedi Academy, under the tutelage of Master Yoda, he learns that he possesses more strength and potential.
(To be published around 1 October, 2013)

You can get them from all the usual places: MightyApe, Fishpond, BookDepository, Amazon, etc. :)
PitYak Studios
Captain
Captain

Post by PitYak Studios »

Zoe (my three year old) got vader's little princess at armageddon and she loves it. she knows every line off by heart and does all the actions and voices too. I was surprised how entertaining it is.
Painter
Sculptor
Costumier
Maker-of-Things(I made that)

If you like my stuff please Like my page!

Hanley Soloway, Sutlers