Free Comic Book Day

Star Wars comics, novels and non-fiction books.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Free Comic Book Day

Post by Anaria »

Called past Gotham Comics in Auckland today for Free Comic Book Day, and picked up the Star Wars issue (features Han Solo and Chewbacca). The flip-side features Serenity.

Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

The Kiwi Jedi
Commander
Commander

Re: Free Comic Book Day

Post by The Kiwi Jedi »

Oh dam. i forgot this was today.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

At Armageddon Expo Auckland, Gotham Comics were advertising 'Free Comic Book Day' for Saturday 1st Dec 2012. While the world wide organised FCBD is in May (next years is May 4th 2013), this is perhaps just a local event. While attending the event earlier in the year, I asked about the 2000AD free comic, and was told there was a delay, and they hadn't arrived in time. Also, the turn out was not as big as in previous years. Their flyer advertises the same conditions as usual (I assume the free comics will be from the same assortment as advertised back in May?)

2 free comics for walking in
2 free comics for wearing a superhero costume
2 free comics for a gold coin donation (going to Royal Oak Intermediate).

Event page on Facebook

Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Post by Anaria »

Stopped off at Gotham Comics today for the event - they were offering the same comic assortment as the previous event. If they had any of the Star Wars comics available, they were gone by the time we got there at 10.15am - but we were able to pick up the 2000AD comic that hadn't arrived for the last event, and our daughter picked up a few titles for herself. Much bigger turn out this time, advertising the event at Armageddon seems to have helped.