Star Wars Clone Wars - Risk

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Star Wars Clone Wars - Risk

Post by AaronDB94 »

In the $2 Plus shops here in Takapuna they're selling the board game Risk - The Clone Wars and I have always enjoyed a good game of Risk!

My question is has anyone brought one of these? I've been umming and arring about it but haven't been game enough to actually buy it just in case it's terrible....I know it's only $20 but it's more that I'll be gutted with myself for getting it if it's rubbish haha
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Star Wars Clone Wars - Risk

Post by Buzz Bumble »

If it's this one:

then I do have it, but I've never played it ... but Risk is Risk. I don't think there's any difference in the rules, so if you've played any version then this is the same except with Star Wars themed pieces and map board (although the Separtists can call "Order 66" once per game).

The game comes with:
  • rule book
  • fold-out Galactic Map board (heavy duty, not cheapo thin cardboard)
  • sheet of press-out cardboard pieces (ships and characters)
  • set of Rick game cards
  • pack of blue and pack of black small plastic Super Battle Droid and Separtist tank playing pieces
  • pack of red and pack of yellow small plastic Clone Trooper and Republic tank playing pieces
  • five 8-sided dice and five 6-sided dice
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

The one for sale in Takapuna is in an orange box and I'm sure it won't be as good as your official one...I'm just going to bite the bullet this afternoon and go buy one because even if the game inside is low quality at least the box looks good haha
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

AaronDB94 wrote:The one for sale in Takapuna is in an orange box and I'm sure it won't be as good as your official one...I'm just going to bite the bullet this afternoon and go buy one because even if the game inside is low quality at least the box looks good haha
Can't go wrong for $2!
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

...Yes, well seeing as I'm a computer genius I actually meant it was from the $2 shop and the price is really $20, sometimes my brain moves faster than my fingers haha
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Unless you've since edited it, your original message did say it was $20 from the $2 Plus shop ... $20 is certainly comes under "$2+". :)
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Liar, liar, pants on fire!! ;)

I went to the $2 Dollar Plus store in Takapuna to see what you were talking about and there was no Star Wars Risk game. The similar shop next door did have a few normal Risk games and even a Star Wars lightsabre ... maybe there was only one and you beat me to it.

It wasn't a waste of time though. I got a soccer ball 3-colour pen from the $2 Dollar Plus and a set of three Buffy the Vampire Slayer Watchers' Guides ($20) at a cheap bookstore further up the road ... so that's the birthday presents I need for next weekend sorted out anyway. :)
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

Sorry about that :(

The $2 Dollar shop is the one just down from the ASB and they had 2 copies of the game inside on the shelf, now only 1 though because I brought mine....honest haha
AaronDB94
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AaronDB94 »

.......nearly every toy stall at the Takapuna Markets that are on tomorrow morning have copies of the game, even some in the more official looking boxes, that I can guarantee are there :)
oota goota
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by oota goota »

yep I've got a copy. You can play it like regular risk or play a 'movie' version where you have to find/ protect the separatist base.

it's actually a really neat game. I like playing RISK now and again so if you do I would get it you'll have fun