Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens announced

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens announced

Post by ZY-Fighter »

Hi all,
After word leaked last night StarWars.com has officially revealed Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

My best mate bought Lego Star Wars and I played it with him on Day One. My partner and I have every Lego game for Xbox 360, not to mention all three previous Lego SW games, so May I please declare :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I'm rather excited. I'm not watching the trailer until I get home so I can share it with Sam, who I bet will be stoked at the idea of playing as Lego BB-8.

After having a hard three solid days of Court at work, this is just awesome news!
Zac in Whanganui
mirthdefect
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens announced

Post by mirthdefect »

Huh... I didn't think they'd be making any more of these due to Disney Infinity and LEGO Dimensions being in direct competition - I figured they'd push everything into the Infinity line.
Glad to see I was wrong.

It looks pretty, too.
ZY-Fighter
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens announced

Post by ZY-Fighter »

Good point, although Lego Avengers (exact title?) came out a week ago too. I'm more surprised they can fill one game with just the one movie! Then I read this:
and also offer new story content exploring the time period between Return of the Jedi and The Force Awakens, adding additional insight into the movie and its characters
In other words, the stuff EA/DICE won't give us in Battlefront because it somehow will break canon. Not sure how that argument stacks up now!

As soon as we got home I played the trailer for my partner. As soon as she saw the sands of Jakku she said: "Is this Lego?"

"There has been an awakening."

"Is this Lego?? IS THIS LEGO?!"

Finn pops up.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"

I think we'll be buying it. :lol:
Zac in Whanganui