Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Post by Archon Revuge »

I found this for $6 at my local Mary Potter Hospice last week... Anyone else got a whole lotta nostalgia attached to this?
Attachments
Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II.JPG
Jedi Knight - Dark Forces II.JPG (1.67 MiB) Viewed 17886 times
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II

Post by Anaria »

Cool score! Although I played Outcast and Academy a lot more, I still remember playing that game a few times. Would love to play that series through again, perhaps now's a good time before the new Battlefront game comes out :)
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I remember the press 'round it, but I only played the original (and the third one, which I couldn't get the hang of, since it wasn't on a console).
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Harvey Mushman wrote:I remember the press 'round it, but I only played the original...
Yeah, I played the first Dark Forces, but not the second one quite as much.
Dawfydd
Captain
Captain

Post by Dawfydd »

I have so much nostalgia attached, i have a squad of dark troopers (not the build a droid.. boo) and a couple of kyles.. only one comic pack which i love, I wish they had released more of the figures there were some great ones.

I wish my action figure could do that nifty hilt spin kyle always did when turning off/on his lightsaber in Jedi knight 2.. that'd be worth extra money! lol.

Jedi knight 2 on the pc IS still the best lightsaber combat if you haven't played it your really missing out, going for lightsaber only duels online was a really great aspect.. fights were really great, Would you play the strong but very slow style (as me with 400ping to the UK server i modded on did) and move around hoping you hit with the edge of your saber trying to avoid direct hits, or like my nemesis' use light attacks and wait for a swing before you get up close for a couple of hits then falling back.

Of course there is middle ground style and mods which added more.. but single saber combat felt refined.
Later games like Kotor didn't require movement for lightsaber interactions but sadly as an RPG each lightsaber was a Stat stick, so having two was better than one, even a double bladed. (which lead to teams of duel saber jedi)

The Villian in Jk2 was also pretty good, though i guess Jedi knight(s) Dark jedi tie into rebels series now is a better hook.
WTB
Cw44 Ashoka.
"Arc troopers 4pack", Rex phase 2 with knees.
Rys & Jek (in 2 packs)
Scythe(dvd)
Stealth trooper(w/jetpack)
CW56-ARF,Homing Spiderdroid (vehicle),At-Rt(s)
Action fleet Tie and Tie/In and x-wing(s)
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

I loved this game, from its story to its world and its gameplay.
I do remember the sith fights to be as hard and stressful as trying to juggle ceramic keepsakes of your grandmas but so satisfying when you got one of them down.
Kyle Katarn is still one of my favourite extended universe characters.

There is a question, is there a name for the old extended universe like the pre-Disney stuff.

Bart out.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

Bartheda wrote:There is a question, is there a name for the old extended universe like the pre-Disney stuff.
Disney has labelled all of the old EU novels and comics "Legends", so I tend to use the same term when talking about games like this too :)
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

Archon Revuge wrote:
Bartheda wrote:There is a question, is there a name for the old extended universe like the pre-Disney stuff.
Disney has labelled all of the old EU novels and comics "Legends", so I tend to use the same term when talking about games like this too :)
Cool thanks, I will use that now.