The Old Republic :D

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Anaria
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Old Republic :D

Post by Anaria »

My main is a jedi sentinel, and love the class (and my highest dps toon pre-4.0, I haven't parsed since the update). I'm sure there are discussions about the 'best' class, but it's really down to the play style you enjoy the most (I have one of every advanced class!).

The fastest way to get to max level is to buy an automatic level 60 token - but I think that is for creating a brand new character. They are launching 2X XP soon (tomorrow, I think?), that will last until Jan 1st. Heroics are a fast way to level now - I can get my level 60 toons to 65 within a day easily. There are terminals on the fleet that have all your available heroics, and each one comes with a quick travel to the exact spot!

The new Fallen Empire content is awesome - you start it on your ship (there's a terminal). Starting it will lock out previous story missions (including companion conversations), so if you're interested in that sort of thing, finish that all off before activating the quest.

Companions use 'influence' rather than gear now - just spam them with their preferred gifts.

The gear you can buy with radiant crystals (which replaced ultimate commendations) is pretty good - it's gear rating 220. Operations will still give the best gear (high-priority nightmare mode ops apparently gives gear rating 224), but they've really tried to make it fair for players that want to solo content. I've already got several 220 gear pieces, with the rest 216/208, while my main companions are up to influence level 35 (out of 50).

Dulfy has the best guides for all the new changes that came in 4.0 - http://dulfy.net/category/swtor/patch-4-0/
Rebel Legion - former LAC
Costume website FB page SWNZ FB

Fairtex
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Fairtex »

Thank you Anaria. This is really helpful. Looking forward to playing this again :)
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbpDxrew4A0

Major spoilers in this new cinematic, Betrayed.

But it fills out a lot of backstory we didn't have in previous cinematics :) It is though very closely connected to the start of Knights of the Fallen Empire. I just started playing my level 60 Sage and realised how much story I had forgotten.

I also want to thank all the people involved as I loved the story of sith tattoos in the old EU and was sad when it was retconned. There is a brief scene that pays wonderful tribute to that.

And another game trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkHg7rqwKFw
Needless to say we have a suspicion.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

If there is anyone playing who has a level 70 Republic character (DPS preferred) on The Harbinger server who would like to try out the new small-group Uprisings content, we have a small group who will be looking to do them on a semi-regular basis in the evenings, and can accommodate one more player from time to time. Will be starting in story mode, but progressing to veteran mode. Uprisings are particularly good for accruing Command XP.
mdb
Captain
Captain

Post by mdb »

I inherited the Dreadnaughts of Hell guild, atm 70 members who may not realise this ;)

Currently having issues of gameplay- to the point I am unable to get past one point of the story. Gaming accessibility advocates and EA are both listening and asking for feedback so I'm taking a moment to do a bit of an in depth series of reviews. I don't want to disregard everything that has been wonderful for the last five years :)

The story is frankly amazing. The payoff of playing from level 1 is there, especially doing multiple stories (I can't wait to try my Knight!) so to is an understanding of KotOR and old EU of this era. There have been times when personal felt so much more important than the big story and vice versa and there have been consequences.
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

Was anyone else bothered by the Bounty Hunters guild storyline in this game.
I signed on to be a badass Bounty Hunter no job to dirty underhanded scum kind of guy not to be in some massive Hunters guild and have honor.
I got to make my guy look like bodybuilder Rogue Trooper to I was to shoot some people in the back not have honor.
Bounty Hunters should be all about that $$$.
You know what I'm talking about.

I haven't been on since not long after first launch, I ended up in a guild full of former WoW heads and we tore through the content at a blistering pace. Solid game though, and I can only hope its gotten better with age/patches.

May the Force be with you.
Bart
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bartheda wrote:...
I got to make my guy look like bodybuilder Rogue Trooper to I was to shoot some people in the back not have honor....
Do you mean like a 2000AD Genetic Infantryman Rogue Trooper? My current main tank is based on Rogue Trooper from the comics (although he has an secondary Havoc Squad armour ensemble too).
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

MattG wrote:
Bartheda wrote:...
I got to make my guy look like bodybuilder Rogue Trooper to I was to shoot some people in the back not have honor....
Do you mean like a 2000AD Genetic Infantryman Rogue Trooper? My current main tank is based on Rogue Trooper from the comics (although he has an secondary Havoc Squad armour ensemble too).
I sure do, freaking awesome look for the game.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Cool. Here's my character Fhriday (currently my highest geared toon for group content) in his two alternate looks.
Fhriday01.jpg
Fhriday01.jpg (141.38 KiB) Viewed 15540 times
Fhriday02.jpg
Fhriday02.jpg (157.26 KiB) Viewed 15540 times
Bartheda
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Bartheda »

Hahaha I remember Friday, I miss 2000AD wish I had kept up with it.
But it was just to much to get one every single weekend and the broken up storytelling wasn't as much fun as the more contained fair I was getting from my Marvel fix.

I had often wanted to be the healer in an MMO and with Swtor I got my chance. So at the back of the fights I was the massive bright blue skinned duel pistol guy shooting health into my fellow players. A mismatched collection of Sith all wielding decidedly not red sabers.