Games are far too difficult

Star Wars games discussion: console, PC, retro-video, board, trading card, miniatures and roleplaying.
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Re: Games are far too difficult

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I managed to make a few tweaks to the Mac side which means the VirtualPC emulator runs slightly faster, so the Dark Forces II game now runs a little bit smoother (still jerky when moving quickly). It's still very diffcult and I have to Save before leaving each room (and re-load multiple times), but I actually managed to finished level 1 (I was only a few seconds from finishing it before, but didn't know) and I'm now half-way(?) through level 2 ... without using cheat codes.

Surprisingly it hasn't (yet) given me a headache or made me feel seasick, unlike almost every other 3D game I've ever tried playing..
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

It looks like I've reached the end of being able to play Dark Forces II. I've reached Level 6 and there's now an impossible (on my computer anyway) run and jump across two bridges before they both close again. :(
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

I've just finished Dark Forces II ... thanks to a walkthrough and cheating of course (otherwise it would have been impossible, even on a good computer), but the final battle against Jerec was ridiculously easy.

The rail gun fires missiles which when they explode make Jerec jump up and away from you, so getting behind him and keep firing missiles meant so that he leapt up and back, and eventually ended up stuck behind one of the statues. When he was so damaged that he needed a recharge, he couldn't get out and I just kept firing all the weapons and ammo I had through the small gap until he was defeated. :roll:
Captainsolo1978
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Captainsolo1978 »

Jedi Outcast starred Billy Dee Williams as Lando!!!!

ESB on the Gameboy had no save option so you had to start from the start every time. Took 2 hours to get to Bespin!!!!

Got to the last level once but could not complete it!
Buzz Bumble
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Buzz Bumble »

Captainsolo1978 wrote:ESB on the Gameboy had no save option ...
It does when you play it using an emulator on a computer - I can't remember whether I finished that or not. :)
(The emulator can save the entire state of the Gameboy and reload back to the same state later.)