Here's the Starfighter mode gameplay footage from GamesCom:
- Character customization includes males and females.
- Twi’leks, Sullustans, Zabraks, Quarrens & more are racial options.
- You can choose Empire or Rebellion as a your faction.
- At launch they will have 12 maps total.
- A few weeks later in December, Jakku will add two more maps making a total of 14 maps very quickly after the game’s release.
- The AT-AT will march towards its goal, but you can control the AT-AT’s weapons and you can call orbital strikes.
- EA will be revealing more player heroes and villains soon.
- Ships will include X-wings, A-wings, TIE Fighters, TIE Interceptors with 20 players online.
- Battlefront missions will be online and offline play. But multiplayer maps will be online only.
- Microsoft will offer digital pre-orders for the game a bit closer to launch.
...the “Battle of Jakku” will be a pivotal moment when the New Republic, fresh off their victory from the end of Return of the Jedi (the Battle for Endor), confronts important Imperial holdouts on the remote desert planet of Jakku, located in the Outer Rim...
...By the time The Force Awakens takes place, some thirty years after Episode VI, Jakku’s surface is littered with the crashed ships from both sides in the battle...
... so perhaps here too?The standard version of Turtle Beach’s Sandtrooper gaming headset will be offered in the UK, Australia, and in select territories across Europe, while a limited edition Sandtrooper gaming headset will be offered only at Best Buy in the U.S