STAR WARS COMING TO BLU-RAY

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
r2d2
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: STAR WARS COMING TO BLU-RAY

Post by r2d2 »

My old DVD player crapped out a while ago, so we upgraded to 50'' tv and bluray player, the difference is really fantastic. The best movies on blueray are CGI type, which will make me have to buy another another set of Star Wars movies when they are finally released! ;)
denodan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by denodan »

There has been talk that Starwars is going to be redone in 3D. If you have a Playstation 3, there is an update coming to Play the Bluray 3D format. Bluray is old hat now and is being replaced with the new 3D bluray format. glad I got a Playstation 3, all it takes is a firmware update to run the Playstation 3 in the new 3D bluray format.

But with the new Bluray format, it's stated that the 2D version must be included.

Starwars in 3D would be mind blowing.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

:)
Last edited by Harvey Mushman on Wed May 25, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deadalus Thorn
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Deadalus Thorn »

Harvey Mushman wrote:I hate to be a wet blanket, but no... the Wars would suck in stereo.

This 3-D fad will pass in a year or so; history will repeat itself for the third time in fifty years.
True that on all accounts.

SW 3D would be be a novelty at best

and this is like the 80's and 90's all over again as far as the speight of 3d stuff thats coming about.

lol I remember going to Jaws 3 in 3d and flying Piranha 3d in the 80's and it was just shocking.

More recently I went to Alice in wonderland in 3D and didnt see a large improvement in technology
Kind Regards
Deadalus Thorn

Feel free to join our Facebook group
SDT replica props and costumes
http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gi ... 108&ref=mf
denodan
Ensign
Ensign

Post by denodan »

Harvey Mushman wrote:I hate to be a wet blanket, but no... the Wars would suck in stereo.

This 3-D fad will pass in a year or so; history will repeat itself for the third time in fifty years.
3D TV is not FAD anymore, or movies. It is here to stay, with an uptake of 3D tv overseas. 3D was a gimmick, but not anymore. Just about all the new Movies are in 3D, Whereas before olny a few movies where made in 3D, now they are making a hugh ammount of movies in 3D and more movie makers are jumping on. TV's are now going 3D, so is no longer a gimmick.

The situation is totally differnt to the gimmick it once was and too many eletronic companies, and manufatuers have invested to much to let it just drop.. It used to be just glasses used, so not much cost involved, now whole movie theater setups have totally new 3D equipment, costing many $1000,s of dollars.

This time 3D is here to stay.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

:)
Last edited by Harvey Mushman on Wed May 25, 2022 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

An update from CV.

Hopefully we'll hear more specific details before the end of the convention. Insofar as deleted scenes goes, you can see a sneak preview here.

Yeah, it's a little corny, but its damn cool seeing that saber for the first time!
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

And some more information here.
Harvey Mushman
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Harvey Mushman »

I'm posting this in blue, as I know that's what the picture will look like.

It has nothing to do with the format, either; it's just that they don't care.
thehiflyer
Colonel
Colonel

Post by thehiflyer »

I work in a electronics retailer and I have to say,uptake for 3dtvs has been slow as there isnt enough actual 3d content to warrant taking the next step.

You use can of course use hardware and software to simulate 3d on anything you watch,but having nothing made with 3d in mind to watch just ends up breaking the illusion when you notice something thats out of focus or just not right.

Avatar is an excellent example of 3d done right,everything was staged and filmed to benefit from the format,unlike Clash of the Titans which had was well under way before the decision was made to go 3d.

Im a fan of 3d,but Id rather it stay in the cinema as I love the spectacle of going to the movies and getting drawn in.

As for blu-rays,any modern movie that is at least shot in digital will look great,dont expect much from anything too old that was shot on film,although there are a few surprises out there.

Im more interested in older movies and cartoons that have never made it to dvd let alone blu-rays :)

Ohh and if you havent seen it Jedi deleted scene from CV:http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/CV ... 133245.asp
WTB: MIB VOTC C-3PO,TCW BATTLE PACK CAPTAIN FORDO, TCW AT-TE