Disney+ Shows

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Disney+ Shows

Post by AaroKin »

I've been watching quite a bit of Disney+ over the lock down and watching the six original films really emphasises (to me) just how much of a miss Episodes 7, 8, and 9 were for Disney......I do really enjoy Rogue One and Solo though.

The Skywalker Saga ending with a Palpatine still annoys me and the fact that Han showed up as a Ghost/Vision to Kylo was the exact point I lost all hope in JJ (well one of many lol).....if he wasn't a Force Ghost then he's just a manifestation of what Kylo/Ben is thinking, so of coarse it'll be what he wants to hear?! (it honestly makes me mad just thinking about it)

The Mandalorian has been a Star Wars high point for Disney and I really hope theyre able to keep the 'feel' of the show going and not go the way of Episodes 7, 8, and 9. It's going to be hard to top season one but I have high hopes they'll be able to do it.

The Obi-Wan show is one I'm a bit worried about because I'm pretty sure it was hitting delays and issues even before the Corona Virus hit the world....I hope they're not trying to 'out-do' The Mandalorian and just set out to give us a show with a decent plot and character that's close to the original Obi-Wan.

The Cassian Andor series is the one I'm most excited about because I really enjoyed Rogue One and am looking forward to seeing how Cassian got to be the person he was. Im thinking it'll be similar to The Mandalorian in look and plot.......the singular character doing missions with the help of a revolving cast of characters but it's a formula that works and hopefully will for this series.

https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/star-w ... 234587493/
After reading up about her and watching some of her interviews I'd be really surprised and confused if Disney actually goes ahead with this series.....her views on people and how they should be hired is so mucked up. Also the Harvey Weinstein connection must be a bit of a red flag for Disney and their PC world.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Disney+ Shows

Post by AaroKin »

I'm so happy right now......Disney+ has just added the two Ewok movies AND the cartoon series
Attachments
Screenshot_20210403-120607.png
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Disney+ Shows

Post by MattG »

Indeed. And the Droids animated series is confirmed to arrive this year too.