'The Mandalorian' post-screening discussion **SPOILERS**

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
Bucho
Cadet
Cadet

Re: 'The Mandalorian' post-screening discussion **SPOILERS**

Post by Bucho »

AaroKin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:28 am If I have one tiny criticism it would be that the first three episodes had the narrative of the Mandalorian, the child, and the client which was great to follow but the next three, even though really good, have drifted away from that story and have had very different plots.....Id like the story to move back to the original storyline instead of more 'stand alone' episodes.

I guess it's a draw back of having a heap of different writers and directors.
You got your wish!

Ep 7 was one of the best so far too, and, like Ep 3, was directed by Deborah Chow who's in charge of the Kenobi series, so it feels like that story is in very good hands.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Bucho wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:58 am
AaroKin wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 9:28 am If I have one tiny criticism it would be that the first three episodes had the narrative of the Mandalorian, the child, and the client which was great to follow but the next three, even though really good, have drifted away from that story and have had very different plots.....Id like the story to move back to the original storyline instead of more 'stand alone' episodes.

I guess it's a draw back of having a heap of different writers and directors.
You got your wish!

Ep 7 was one of the best so far too, and, like Ep 3, was directed by Deborah Chow who's in charge of the Kenobi series, so it feels like that story is in very good hands.

You're so right lol I couldn't have been happier with Episode 7, the series is great and I've enjoyed every episode but am happy it's pulled back to the original story a bit more.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

What an amazing episode 8....it was filled with great action and so many surprises.

From the Mandalorian removing his helmet to the shock of nearly every other Mandalorian being killed.

Seeing him get his jet pack was a highlight but a little part of me had hoped Boba might have crept in somewhere lol.

All in all though an absolutely fantastic series and I can't wait for more
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

“Do the magic hand thing, baby”!
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

MattG wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:25 am “Do the magic hand thing, baby”!
That's the one thing that puzzles me. If this is set 5yrs after the second Death Star was destroyed then I would have thought more people, especially bounty hunters, would have heard about Luke and his powers?
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Is it just me or when IG11 takes off The Mandalorians helmet does it make a similar noise to when Vader put his on in Empire .....if it is, that's real cool.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

AaroKin wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:00 pm That's the one thing that puzzles me. If this is set 5yrs after the second Death Star was destroyed then I would have thought more people, especially bounty hunters, would have heard about Luke and his powers?
I saw quite a few discussions about this point elsewhere. I think the main argument is that the Jedi numbered in the thousands, while the galaxy had (?has :p ) at least trillions in population. The further you go towards the outer rim/wild space the more Jedi and their abilities take on a mythical status. As someone else said, most people in the real world could barely name a single military General about major wars/conflicts, and only have a basic knowledge that they happened.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

MattG wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:19 pm
AaroKin wrote: Sat Dec 28, 2019 10:00 pm That's the one thing that puzzles me. If this is set 5yrs after the second Death Star was destroyed then I would have thought more people, especially bounty hunters, would have heard about Luke and his powers?
I saw quite a few discussions about this point elsewhere. I think the main argument is that the Jedi numbered in the thousands, while the galaxy had (?has :p ) at least trillions in population. The further you go towards the outer rim/wild space the more Jedi and their abilities take on a mythical status. As someone else said, most people in the real world could barely name a single military General about major wars/conflicts, and only have a basic knowledge that they happened.

I totally understand the argument about the Jedi being such a small number in a huge galaxy but most surely most would have heard of Vader and Palpatine possessing mystical powers.....so it stands to reason that Luke defeating the seemingly invincible Sith Lords with similar powers would be pretty big news. Especially amongst the Bounty Hunters Guild who would keep upto date with these things seeing as Vader employed so many of them.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

It's funny looking back... an SH Figuarts Biker Scout from The Mandalorian was revealed in November of last year, well before Disney+ launched, but no-one knew the significance of that canvas satchel, or even to bother considering that it'd have a specific role in the plot.
Attachments
EJ8Ok2gUwAEgAhU.jpg
[omega]
Ensign
Ensign

Post by [omega] »

I'm hoping that the second season is made soon I keep checking in on Disney plus to see any updates.
Taika has done a great job on the series.
It seems that anyone Mando gets close too they end up dying.