'The Mandalorian' post-screening discussion **SPOILERS**

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: 'The Mandalorian' post-screening discussion **SPOILERS**

Post by AaroKin »

The series just keeps getting better and better......does that mean Boba was actually after ice cream man on Cloud City in Empire hahaha looks very similar to the container the Beskar steel was given to The Mandalorian in lol
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I just watched Episode 4 and throughly enjoyed it......the At-St looked amazing.

I'm think its great more and more of the Mandalorians personality is getting fleshed out with every episode.

It's been interesting that there have been a few posts/articles popping up lately about Jango and Boba not being actual Mandalorians and in this Episode the Mandalorian tells how he was rescued by Mandalorians after his parents were killed......I'm starting to wonder now if any real bloodline Mandalorians exist or if the foundlings are like Jedi Padawans and taken from all different races?
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

I'm enjoying the variety in style between the episodes. This was a filler episode in terms of the larger arc, but it did allow a little bit of exposition about the Mandalorian and Mando culture. AT-ST was cool, and although the plot was completely predictable, I enjoyed the call-backs to Seven Samurai (a fully '80s style A-Team episode in many ways).
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Tatooine looks so good in the latest Episode.....I keep half expecting to see The Mandalorian bump into Ben and Luke hahaha.

The cantina looked like it did in ANH, I thought it was funny how EV Droids were tending bar seeing as no Droids were allowed in there before.

.......I only just noticed The Mandalorian makes the same spur noises that Boba made in Empire lol :blink:
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

AaroKin wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:55 am...
The cantina looked like it did in ANH, I thought it was funny how EV Droids were tending bar seeing as no Droids were allowed in there before....
As he walked in, I was looking for the droid detector at the entrance, which was conspicuously absent. Made sense once they panned to the bar.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Lots of fan service and all - not that I mind. Really liked this shot.
Attachments
dewback.jpg
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

In the final scene of the episode, where a figure walks upto a fallen Fennec, I assumed it was the Mandalorian going back to collect his bounty.

I was amazed I'd never noticed the 'Boba' spurs in any other episode that you do in this scene as he walks closer to the body....now, reading some comments online people have put forward its not the Mandalorian sounding like Fett but the bounty hunter himself :boba: that blew my mind as I'd never even considered this lol I'm not sure if it is but they have stated in the final episode an old character enters the story.

I REALLY hope its Boba
Attachments
mando_2.jpg
Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

Slightly out side the box. We've now had 2 cases where "Womp Rat" is used as an insult. As we have never seen such a rat on screen I wonder if they exist or it is just an insult.

It would change Lukes character a bit "bullseye Womp rats" has a completely different meaning.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

The droid 'Zero' sounds like Richard Ayoade to me... I just saw in the credits it was him lol

Another episode packed with original Star Wars call backs.....I'm liking this series more and more as it unfolds.

I was hoping to see who the mystery character from the last episode was though.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

If I have one tiny criticism it would be that the first three episodes had the narrative of the Mandalorian, the child, and the client which was great to follow but the next three, even though really good, have drifted away from that story and have had very different plots.....Id like the story to move back to the original storyline instead of more 'stand alone' episodes.

I guess it's a draw back of having a heap of different writers and directors.