'The Mandalorian' post-screening discussion **SPOILERS**

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

'The Mandalorian' post-screening discussion **SPOILERS**

Post by MattG »

This thread is for discussion of The Mandalorian episodes after they have screened on Disney+.

Spoilers are allowed, so avoid thread if you haven't seen the latest episode, either on the NZ or US release date.

The following are the season 1 screening dates, based on the best information we have at the time of writing.

NZ release dates (NZ Time)
Ep1 - 19 Nov 2019
Ep2 - 19 Nov 2019
Ep3 – 22 Nov 2019
Ep4 – 29 Nov 2019
Ep5 – 6 Dec 2019
Ep6 – 13 Dec 2019
Ep7 – 18 Dec 2019
Ep8 – 27 Dec 2019

US release dates (US Time)
Ep1 – 12 Nov 2019
Ep2 – 15 Nov 2019
Ep3 – 22 Nov 2019
Ep4 – 29 Nov 2019
Ep5 – 6 Dec 2019
Ep6 – 13 Dec 2019
Ep7 – 18 Dec 2019
Ep8 – 27 Dec 2019

AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: 'The Mandalorian' post-screening discussion **SPOILERS**

Post by AaroKin »

I just watched the first episode and it was definitely worth the wait.

I'll not spoil anything until its released here....Id hate to ruin anything for anyone.

All I"ll say is I enjoyed the little aspects of the original trilogy they put in and am so happy they didnt go overboard with them.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Okay, watched it. And watched it again. Very much liking what we've seen so far.

Loving the music, which I wasn't expecting to focus on. The composer has put up a playlist of the score - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkmgTsZ ... b8&index=1

PS: spoilers are okay in this thread. We will make announcement posts directly in the thread when an episode has screened, so readers will know not to go beyond a certain point if they haven't watched the absolute latest episode (either based on the US or NZ release timing).
Han_Hoth
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Han_Hoth »

I
Who's scruffy-looking?
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I really enjoyed the pacing of the episode.....the scenes where the Mandalorian collected his first bounty were a great mix of action mixed in with a few laughs. I was a bit worried that Jon Favreau was going to go the more comedy route but he did an awesome job.

The Mandalorian character himself wasnt just a Boba 'clone' and the way in which he actored and spoke showed he is similar in actions and ideals but totally his own guy.

The line ' I can bring you in warm or I can bring you in cold' was awesome and really reminded me of Bobas 'He's no good to me dead' from Empire.

Seeing Stormtroopers after the destruction of the second Death Star was a favourite of mine from the episode.....I always wondered, even as a kid, why the Empires troops around the Galaxy gave up when the DS was destroyed and its good to see I have my answer now that some didnt.

Initially I said I didnt like his armour upgrade but have totally changed my mind on that to.....I love that hes being paid in Beskar steel and using that to better equip himself, I just hope he doesnt get it all from delivering the 'Yoda' baby.

IG11 was a cool little inclusion but I wasnt to disappointed to see the Mandalorian kill him at the end of the episode, not sure how far that character could have gone before he started to wear on me lol.

Seeing the concerned Kowakian Monkey-Lizard watching his poor friend being cooked reminded me of the Ewok and his dead friend in Jedi.....I felt sorry for him and that hasn't happened to me in many Disney SWs productions.

All in all a great way to kick off the series, Im really looking forward to episode 2.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

The pacing struck me in a positive way too. No need to rush to jam a long story arc into 2-3 hours. The first Ep was about 38min long, and although I suspect we might see some longer episodes before the season is out, that's going to be over 5 hours for season 1.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I one hundred percent agree with you there, it seems a few of the later SW projects have tried to ram as much in as possible which can make them hard to watch but the Mandalorian had a great flow which was easy to follow and kept me engaged throughout.

I liked the different layers they brought out in the title character, yes hes a ruthless bounty hunter who can kill without a second thought but he is also fair to the beings that help him.....offering Kuill payment for guiding him to the bounty even though he only wanted the Blurrg he captured with the Mandalorian and of coarse not wanting to kill the 'Yoda' baby, how he reached for the babys hand has me hoping he doesn't hand him over to bee killed or dissected by the Doctor.

AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

This might be wishful thinking on my part (seeing as I've somehow collected a stupid amount of Zuvio figures) but I think I may have spotted Zuvio in The Mandalorian.

He, or a being like him, can he seen when the Mandalorian meets Greef Carga in the bar receive payment for his bounties.

The helmet looks so similar as well as the colours....the back of his helmet looks the same as TFA set photos.

Maybe I'll be getting another Zuvio to collect lolImageImageImageImage
fredstar
Colonel
Colonel

Post by fredstar »

MattG wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:44 pm This thread is for discussion of The Mandalorian episodes after they have screened on Disney+.

Spoilers are allowed, so avoid thread if you haven't seen the latest episode, either on the NZ or US release date.

The following are the season 1 screening dates, based on the best information we have at the time of writing.

NZ release dates (NZ Time)
Ep1 - 19 Nov 2019
Ep2 - ??

US release dates (US Time)
Ep1 – 12 Nov 2019
Ep2 – 15 Nov 2019
Ep3 – 22 Nov 2019
Ep4 – 29 Nov 2019
Ep5 – 6 Nov 2019
Ep6 – 13 Nov 2019
Ep7 – 18 Nov 2019
Ep8 – 27 Nov 2019

Ep5 – 6 Nov 2019
Ep6 – 13 Nov 2019
Ep7 – 18 Nov 2019
Ep8 – 27 Nov 2019

You mean Dec? ;)
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

fredstar wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 1:31 am...

You mean Dec? ;)
Yarp. :blush: