'The Mandalorian' Live Action TV Show (Jon Favreau)

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: 'The Mandalorian' Live Action TV Show (Jon Favreau)

Post by AaroKin »

I honestly havent really followed the news on this show but the trailer looks so good and now I'm really excited to see it.

I think I know what happened to a lot of the props from Rogue One lol I really like the Death Troopers so am hoping they pop up a lot in the series
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I just saw the second Trailer and it's only made me more excited to watch The Mandalorian......I'm actually looking forward to this show more than TRoS.

That shouldn't be right lol
Bucho
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Bucho »

I felt like both of the new trailers really hit it out of the park, I pretty much had the TROS trailer on loop for a couple of days, now got the Mandalorian trailer on loop.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Yep, really liking what we've seen of The Mandalorian so far.

ICYMI, we've put a gallery of all the scenes up here: http://www.swnz.co.nz/2019/10/29/the-ma ... r-gallery/
Bucho
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Bucho »

They had me at blurrgs!

AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

Looking at the Mandalorians two sets of armour got me to wondering if he has a 'good' set and a 'work' set.....I think I prefer the more battle worn set with the Shore Trooper shoulder guard but the shinier metal version is cool. Now I need an action figure of this version lol.

I wonder to if one set is from earlier in the series and then replaced for some reason by the other Image I'm looking forward to finding out.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

It think it has been mentioned at some official level that he upgrades his armour in the first season. In one of the early scenes, he is working to get paid in beskar (aka Mandalorian iron, which Mandalorian armour is made from), or something along those lines.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Bucho wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:55 pm They had me at blurrgs!
Don't know if we'll see an action figure version, but product listings suggest that there will be a Mandalorian on Blurrg deluxe Pop! Vinyl figure.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

MattG wrote:It think it has been mentioned at some official level that he upgrades his armour in the first season. In one of the early scenes, he is working to get paid in beskar (aka Mandalorian iron, which Mandalorian armour is made from), or something along those lines.
I think I prefer the more patched together version instead of the upgraded one.....but that might be my Boba-biase kicking in.

The upgrade looks a little dull (to me) and he loses some of his coolness......going from Boba to Phasma isn't my kind of thing lol
Bucho
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Bucho »

MattG wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 9:55 pm
Bucho wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:55 pm They had me at blurrgs!
Don't know if we'll see an action figure version, but product listings suggest that there will be a Mandalorian on Blurrg deluxe Pop! Vinyl figure.
Oh, nice!

I like almost everything about the new Ep IX trailer, but the horses throw me off. In a universe where we have tauntauns and banthas and blurrgs the decision to have these orbaks read so much like horses cinematically is kind of odd. It's kind of a shame JJ didn't go for the blurggs there too.