Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker *SPOILERS*

Post by AaroKin »

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-rise-s ... blame-bad/

Gees, it looks like the writers of TROS are really grabbing at straws, how could they blame the fact they couldn't end the story in one movie.....GL managed to do it in his original/prequel trilogies.

I know they're trying to explain away why the movie isn't getting the best reviews but I'd much prefer it if they just said 'hey, this is the movie we made so live with it' instead of blaming everyone but themselves.

Rian Johnsons reaction to his bad reviews should have been a good gauge of what not to do but it seems like they're heading down the same track.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

https://screenrant.com/star-wars-sequel ... ams-blame/

I've wondered, since Episode VII, how JJ Abrams has managed to dodge the negative press that a lot of other Star Wars people seem to be lumped with.....it looks like now people are starting to turn on him.

I try not to be negative for the sake of being negative but I've not thought much of JJ since I saw TFA was just a ANH copy. People messaged me so many times stating hes 'saving' Star Wars, I didn't realise it needed his kind of saving.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I just watched Episode IX again and I kinder wish I didnt.....I'm not sure if I'm the only one who's annoyed that the hero of the Skywalker Saga turns out to be a Palpatine but the more I think about it the more I think it kills Vaders redemption in Jedi.

If Anakins Force Ghost appeared infront of Kylo instead of 'dream' Han I would have been a little less annoyed but I'm sorry it's just not what I'd hoped for.

I know nothings going to be perfect because they have to make it for a huge audience but I'm starting to not even class the Disney movies a continuation of Episodes IV, V, and VI.
Last edited by AaroKin on Mon Feb 17, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

https://youtu.be/6B22Uy7SBe4

I've not seen any of the new Star Trek movies but it seems they fans of that series have the same problems with JJ that most SWs fans do......it looks like it's not only the original SW films he likes to 'borrow' from hahaha
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

https://www.indiewire.com/2020/03/star- ... 202215607/

I'm not sure who comes up with this 'plot twists' but this little nugget just makes the whole plot of TROS even more of a let down. Why would Palpatine go through the whole process of letting a 'failed' clone grow up, fall in love, and run off to try to hide the Siths chosen one, who the Emperor was needing all along, instead of just doing it all himself.

It seems to me that unlike the SWs films that came earlier Disney rushed through these movies just to get them on screen.....theres so many contradictions and out right crazy story/character decisions that aren't even close to what was created before them.

It's a shame because I really wanted to like the Sequel Trilogy and went in with an open mind but unfortunately, to me, they're just not SWs films......or the SWs I grew up with and love.
Usetheschwartz
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Usetheschwartz »

I enjoyed Rise of Skywalker enough to give it another viewing when its released soon. But the return of Papaltine is comparable to a Bobby Ewing shower moment.