Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker *SPOILERS*

General Star Wars discussion, including the latest movie and television series news.
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - Title Pending *SPOILERS*

Post by MattG »

AaroKin wrote:I've seen online a bit now that Episode IX might be split into two movies. ...
Ignore it. That rumour was basically traced back to a single source with no credibility (a history of false/meaningless "leaks").
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I certainly hope so lol I don't think I could handle a two part film.

How do you feel about JJ Abrams comment that he will be adding in a lot of original trilogy aspects into Episode IX, I honestly thought that after all the backlash over Episode VII being pretty much a remake of a New Hope that he would have wanted to stay away from putting that sort of press out there.

Disney keep saying that they're taking Star Wars into a new direction but they keep falling back on the original trilogy. When I was watching The Last Jedi scene with Snoke trying to turn Rey to the Dark side and Kylo turning on him I thought to my myself, man this seems familiar.....and then I remembered Id already seen it all in ROTJ lol.

I honestly don't mind if they take Star Wars in a new direction because change can be great but I just want them to stop copying from previous films and then trying to say they 'wrote' a great film.

Id respect J.J Abrams so much more if he actually wrote/directed an ORIGINAL Star Wars film and not just a rehash.....thats why hearing him say he's going to add in a lot of OT content has dipped my enthusiasm for Episode IX.
2018 Star Wars Fan Awards
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

.....reading through the latest Episode IX articles on the net I'm seeing a few that are leaning towards the next installment having a lot of similar plots lines to ROTJ, Kylo Ren being redeemed as Vader was, which is really starting to worry me.

The Last Jedi wasn't my cup of tea but at least Rian Johnson took a gamble and tried to bring in a lot of new content, some I enjoyed and some I'd rather forget, and that's the kind of SWs movie I hope Episode IX is going to be but with JJ rehashing 90% of Force Awakens and reading his comments about putting in as much OT content as he can I'm thinking IX is heading down the same path as VII.

I hope I'm wrong
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Eng76
Commander
Commander

Post by Eng76 »

The AU / NZ trailer has a date of December 19th.

Time to book some leave from work...
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

Pics shown in the livestream:
Attachments
Ep9Livestream04.jpg
Ep9Livestream03.jpg
Ep9Livestream02.jpg
Ep9Livestream01.jpg
MattG
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by MattG »

And, this bunch...
Attachments
Ep9Livestream05.jpg
Ep9Livestream06.jpg
Ep9Livestream07.jpg
Ep9Livestream08.jpg
Ep9Livestream09.jpg
Ep9Livestream10.jpg
Ep9Livestream11.jpg
Ep9Livestream12.jpg
Ep9Livestream13.jpg
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Post by AaroKin »

I can't help feeling that Palpatine returning in IX sorter ruins Vaders redemption scene in ROTJ?!.....I'm pretty sure now that Disney don't care at all what came before them once they purchased SW.

I hope I'm wrong and will be the first to admit I was an idiot if it all comes together lol
Archon Revuge
High Colonel
High Colonel

Post by Archon Revuge »

AaroKin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 am I can't help feeling that Palpatine returning in IX sorter ruins Vaders redemption scene in ROTJ?!.....I'm pretty sure now that Disney don't care at all what came before them once they purchased SW.

As with all of these things, it's probably best to reserve judgement until December. The Emperor's role in TRoS could very well be as minor as Yoda's in TLJ - maybe even just a flashback or hologram recording!
AaroKin
Captain
Captain

Re: Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker *SPOILERS*

Post by AaroKin »

Archon Revuge wrote:
AaroKin wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 3:04 am I can't help feeling that Palpatine returning in IX sorter ruins Vaders redemption scene in ROTJ?!.....I'm pretty sure now that Disney don't care at all what came before them once they purchased SW.

As with all of these things, it's probably best to reserve judgement until December. The Emperor's role in TRoS could very well be as minor as Yoda's in TLJ - maybe even just a flashback or hologram recording!
I know exactly what you're saying and I really hope I'm wrong (as I was with Solo) but with my the way The Last Jedi turned out and the fact VII was really close to being a JJ Abrams fan film of A New Hope I just have a sinking feeling that Episode IX will be another film that lessens Star Wars for me.

Again I hope I'm completely wrong and am trying my best to remain positive but it's just a bit hard at the moment.

I promise I'm not trying to be a negative, internet troll.....I just want the last chapter of the Skywalker Saga to stay true to how it started. If the Emperor comes back in anyway other then a hologram or flashback it will really ruin the film for me because I love ROTJ and Vaders redemption was a big part of that.

I want Episode IX to be a fantastic Star Wars film just as much as anyone